1146Re: [z_scale] Z scale track ballast

  • Jay & Anne Greer
    Mar 11 1:46 PM
      Hi Jeffrey,
      Feel free. We all benefit from each others experiences. Added note here- I
      build my sub road bed after the cutting of the foam core ballast bed. I use
      corrigated box material for this purpose. It is easy to work and gives added
      sound deadening. The ribs should run at same direction as the ties. This
      gives the most strength. Simply lay your cut to curve bed on the cardboard,
      again using the magic marker set for greater width. Cut this snake out and
      build above your base board using cardboard pylons and hot glue. Very
      little in life runs on the flat. So this system allows for filling in the
      terrain between trackage with your favorite meterial in between. This gives
      a more life like conture to the lay of the land.
      Prozit,
      Jay Greer/ Der Wegmann

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic