1141Re: [z_scale] Z scale track ballast

  • Jeffrey MacHan
    Mar 11, 2000
      Continuing on Rob's thought...if the base is plastic or some other material
      that the glue will not adhere to adequately, I recommend painting the base
      with a coat of acrylic water based paint. The acrylic should adhere to the
      plastic over a wide area. Once dry you can lay the track, add and form the
      ballast, wet it with rubbing alcohol and apply the dilute glue. The glue
      will bond to the acrylic paint coat holding the track and ballast in place.

      Jeffrey MacHan
      CEO Val Ease Central RR http://www.Val-Ease-Central.com
      Moderator Z_Scale@...
      Ztrack Magazine Contributing Editor http://www.ztrack.com