1137Re: [z_scale] Z scale track ballast

  • Jeffrey MacHan
    Mar 9, 2000
      Are you wetting the ballast with isopropyl alcohol before applying the
      dilute glue? If not, the glue may not be penetrating the ballast
      completely, consequently forming a crust and leaving loose patches that are
      fouling the loco gearing etc.

      The next issue of Zrack will present a feature article on track laying and
      ballast techniques as used on the Val Ease Central railroad.

      Jeffrey MacHan
      CEO Val Ease Central RR http://www.Val-Ease-Central.com
      Moderator Z_Scale@...
      Ztrack Magazine Contributing Editor http://www.ztrack.com