10361Re: [z_scale] pager motors

  • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
    Jul 5, 2002
      Only the slow motor comes with it. The other motors are hop ups....but
      I've been unable to locate any so far. (Haven't treid that hard, however)

      The cars are a kick. Total novelty, but a kick.

      A similar outfit produces a small submarine that you can pilot around
      fishtanks.... :)

      "Randy Smidt"
      <RSmidt@mindsprin To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      g.com> cc:
      Subject: [z_scale] pager motors
      07/04/2002 01:49
      PM
      Please respond to
      z_scale

      I was just at my local Marklin dealer's shop the other day and saw
      something interesting. Not a train but a small R/C car. Atomic Toys
      makes a little 1/64th scale (sort of) radio controlled car called "Z
      cars R/C" . Some of you have probably run into to these things using
      web searches as they always come up with "Z" stuff. I had never seen
      one before, but looking at it close up in the store revealed their
      motors. They use what appears to be a selection of 2.2V, 2.6V and 3.0V
      pager motors. I couldn't tell if all three motors come with the set or
      if the two 2.6V and 3.0V motors are an upgrade kit. If all three motors
      come with it for the $20 price, that might be a source for small motors.

      Have Fun,
      Randy Smidt