10349Re: pager motors in rc mini cars

  • digistevez
    Jul 5, 2002
      I looked into the But Charge cars by Tomy for Z train accessory
      control a few months ago. I had been invisioning rail fed rc trollies
      on the layout. They still are quite expensive but if someone in Japan
      can grab a bunch they would be more affordable, I'm waiting for the
      used ones to show up on ebay. About 3000 yen last I checked in Japan,
      controller and car included. It really impressed me that there was an
      alternative to the high end 1:87 German enthusiast traditional rc
      servo based cars. The Japanese cars have very little speed control
      more an on off type function as opposed to the euro-mini rc cars.
      Steve -Hope everyone had a great 4th and Canada day. S

      --- In z_scale@y..., Randy Smidt <RSmidt@m...> wrote:
      > I was just at my local Marklin dealer's shop the other day and saw
      > something interesting. Not a train but a small R/C car. Atomic
      Toys
      > makes a little 1/64th scale (sort of) radio controlled car called "Z
      > cars R/C" . Some of you have probably run into to these things
      using
      > web searches as they always come up with "Z" stuff. I had never
      seen
      > one before, but looking at it close up in the store revealed their
      > motors. They use what appears to be a selection of 2.2V, 2.6V and
      3.0V
      > pager motors. I couldn't tell if all three motors come with the
      set or
      > if the two 2.6V and 3.0V motors are an upgrade kit. If all three
      motors
      > come with it for the $20 price, that might be a source for small
      motors.

      > Have Fun,
      > Randy Smidt
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic