10063Re: [z_scale] Z Grades

  • de Champeaux Dominique
    Jun 4, 2002
      --- optimamid <steve@...> a écrit : >
      I have had many responses to my grade question both
      > emailed and here
      > on the group. All are helpful and appreciated.
      > Unfortunately, now I
      > have to go back to Railways and re-design the
      > layout! I suppose that
      > is better than rebuilding one though.
      > I honestly had not considered the aspect of
      > decreasing the grade in
      > curves but I will admit, it makes good sense. So,
      > are we talking 30%
      > less grade? 50% or what?
      > I really plan on using steam as motive power when I
      > do finally get
      > to the point of having a track plan I like. I would
      > like American
      > steam but the choices seem to be very limited. I am
      > a hard core
      > mountain railroad fan and plan on having a mine and
      > a mill as a
      > minimum. Guess that goes back to my HOn3 days! The
      > mine is already
      > built, a scratch built z scale version of Campbell's
      > Red Mountain
      > Mine. The mill plans have been ready, all I need is
      > getting started.
      > Again, thanks for all of your responses! I have
      > looked a Z scale
      > many times over the years but never went much beyond
      > that because
      > there just seemed to be such a void of information
      > especially in my
      > area (Oklahoma). Discovering this group has helped
      > fill that void.
      > Steve

      Steve, if you are struggling for american steam power
      fitting with mine operations, you should try the
      Westmodels 0-6-0 Tank engine. I don't know how it is
      working, all I know is that it is built on a Marklin
      chassis.
      Cheers
      Dominique from cloudy Paris, France