Z Gauge Halloween

  • johnthezeer
    Message 1 of 6 , May 13 4:57 PM
      Hello, All ...

      It's my pleasure to have just become a member of the Yahoo Z92 Group.
      I hope that you discover, over time, that I respect the tradition and
      guidelines of the organization through my responsioble participation.

      I have a question, if I may, please. I am in the process of initiating
      the construction of a Halloween-themed Z gauge layout. To this end, I
      have acquired Marklin's four Halloween cars, along with the Club 1994 Z
      Car (2112A) which carries a Halloween season, autumn-related graphic.

      I expect to hand-craft the majority of the landscaping, etc. However,
      I wonder if anyone out there might have some suggestion(s) (other than
      at eBay) as to where I might look for Halloween-related, 220:1
      scale, "props" such as micro-sized pumpkins, witches, hobgoblins, etc.

      Many thanks.

      John Canter (johnthezeer)
    • Greg McAndrews
      Message 2 of 6 , May 30 12:44 PM

        Hi John,

        You can find some “haunted” houses at http://www.haunteddimensions.raykeim.com/index108.html

        You will just need to shrink them to z scale.

        Greg

        Message 3 of 6 , May 31 1:26 PM
          Hello, Greg ...

          Many thanks for your kind and considerate  e-mail, and for the extremely valuable suggestion.

          I shall most certainly visit, and utilize, the site that you have recommended.

          Most appreciatively,

          John

          To: z92@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 6 , May 31 1:33 PM
            Hello again, Greg ..

            I just visited the Haunted Dimensions site, and it is FABULOUS.   There are numerous ideas there that I can employ, and that will materially enrich the Z gauge Halloween layout that I am building.

            Thanks ever so much for being so thoughtful.

            John

            To: z92@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 19, 2008

              Glad I could be of help.

              Here are some sites that may be helpful as you begin to assemble your buildings:

              http://bellsouthpwp.net/n/8/n8hfi/card-faq/

              http://wurlington-bros.com/Workshop/index.html

              http://www.zealot.com/index.php?page=cardmodels.net

              Best wishes,

              To: z92@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 20, 2008
                Greg ...

                Thanks once more .. this time for your extremely thoughtful follow-through as regards the building of my Halloween layout.  You have been INCREDIBLY helpful and considerate.  It is much appreciated.

                John

                To: z92@yahoogroups.com

                To: z92@yahoogroups. com

                It's my pleasure to have just become a member of the Yahoo Z92 Group.
                I hope that you discover, over time, that I respect the tradition and
                guidelines of the organization through my responsioble participation.

                I have a question, if I may, please. I am in the process of initiating
                the construction of a Halloween-themed Z gauge layout. To this end, I
                have acquired Marklin's four Halloween cars, along with the Club 1994 Z
                Car (2112A) which carries a Halloween season, autumn-related graphic.

                I expect to hand-craft the majority of the landscaping, etc. However,
                I wonder if anyone out there might have some suggestion(s) (other than
                at eBay) as to where I might look for Halloween-related, 220:1
                scale, "props" such as micro-sized pumpkins, witches, hobgoblins, etc.

                Many thanks.

                John Canter (johnthezeer)

                The other season of giving begins 6/24/08. Check out the i’m Talkathon. Check it out!