Re: A question about Location ID

  • Serj I
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 20, 2007
      Hey, anybody!!
      Can I get any answer here??:) Please dont ignore my post. I'm still
      waiting form your response.
    • David Rehfeldt
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 20, 2007
        Hi Serj,

        This is the Yahoo! Travel webservices mailing list. As I only work on
        the Travel webservice APIs, I can't answer your question
        authoritatively. According to the Yahoo! Weather feeds documentation,
        the way to get the location id is as follows:
        The location parameter can be a US Zip code or a location ID. To find
        your location ID, browse or search for your city from the Yahoo! Weather
        <http://weather.yahoo.com> home page. The weather ID is in the URL for
        the forecast page for that city. You can also get the location ID by
        entering your zip code on the home page. For example, if you search for
        Los Angeles on the Yahoo! Weather home page, the forecast page for that
        city is |http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USCA0638.html|. The location
        ID is |USCA0638|.

        I hope that helps.

        David Rehfeldt,
        Yahoo! Travel

        Serj I wrote:
        > Hey, anybody!!
        > Can I get any answer here??:) Please dont ignore my post. I'm still
        > waiting form your response.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Serj I
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 21, 2007
          Yeah David, I've read all available documentation on Yahoo!
          Weather by now.))
          I think the best way is to hack Yahoo! Weather home page to see how
          that form works. I'll try to do it this week.
          Anyway thanks for reply.

          Serj I