Reports taking a *long* time to complete ( or don't complete at all )

  • d_kasak
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2008
      Greetings. I've been alerted to an issue where some reports are taking
      a LONG time to complete, or not completing at all. Our software has
      config options for timeouts for reports to complete. Currently we have
      our Yahoo timeout set to 1800 seconds ( 30 minutes ). We occasionally
      call getReportOutputUrl to check on the status of the report until
      this timeout value is exceeded.

      When things are working OK, the report will return in *much* less time
      than this timeout value. What's the maximum time we should wait? Is
      there any point waiting longer than 30 minutes? Also, I have a report
      ID for one such incident ( 578564012 ). Is it possible to track down
      what happened in this case?

      Thanks.

      Dan