Enterprise Web Services Version 4.3.0 is Live!

  • mcnealysm
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2008

      On October 24, 2008, Yahoo! Search Marketing EWS Version 4.3.0 went live in our production and sandbox environment. EWS Version 4.3.0 is a minor version release, and all new features are backwards-compatible.

      To take advantage of the new features in Version 4.3.0, you will need to recompile your client code for Version 4.0.0, if you have not already done so.

      We suggest that you first experiment with the new version in the EWS sandbox, make any required changes to your client application, and then test your implementation. When you are satisfied with the results, you can move your client application to production.

      New Features

      1) Bulk Command Group
      Bulk Service provides the capability to download an account's objects using a file based on the Yahoo! Sponsored Search bulk template.

      2) Beta Command Group
      With this release we are introducing a new concept: Beta APIs. The goal of Beta APIs is to release early versions of an API, providing the opportunity for EWS users to integrate and test the newest functionality. This concept allows for flexibility in releases, an opportunity to test new features, and a refreshing way to foster innovation, speed and flexibility.

      3) New Geo-Targeting Features
      In this release we are improving the way you get locations by exposing the WOEIDs (Where On Earth IDs). We are also offering the ability to more precisely target by geographical location by exposing new targeting criteria, including at the country, city and zip levels (only applicable to the U.S. market in this release).

      The new geo-targeting APIs can be found in the Beta command group mentioned above.

      For more details on the changes in EWS Version 4.3.0, please visit our Technology Solutions Portal.

      Questions?

      If you have further questions, please contact your Technical Solutions Manager or email us at: ews-help@....