Retrieving Account Structure at Keyword Level

  • dshevnock
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2008
      For any of you that work with a large amount of keyword bids, how
      often do you go about retrieving details for all of your keywords
      (status, current max bid, editorial status, etc) and how do you do it?

      Here is our situation; we prefer to go through and synchronize our
      entire account structure on a daily basis. Synchronizing our one
      account, seventy campaigns, and over 10,000 adgroups is not an issue
      at all. However, when we get down to the keyword level, there seems to
      be no efficient method by which to retrieve the details for about
      500,000 keywords.

      Using the KeywordSummary report proves useless to our need since it
      only retrieves keywords whose campaign and adgroup are marked active
      and whose keyword status is active and only those keywords that had 1
      or more impressions.

      Using the KeywordService.getKeywordsByAccountID() would cause us to
      make about 500 SOAP calls. (500 SOAP calls x 20 seconds on average
      per call =
      about 2.7 hours).

      Using the KeywordService.getKeywordsByAdGroupID() would cause even
      more SOAP calls to be made and if I calculated correctly would takes
      hours up hours to run with over 10,000 adgroups.

      Anyone have any other ideas?
    • mstjohn
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2008
        You should consider using multiple threads so that you can execute
        several simultaneous getKeywordsByAccountID() or
        getKeywordsByAdGroupID() at the same time.

        --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "dshevnock"