Short description: 70 char length limit

  • Adrian Philipp
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2 10:57 PM
      Hi,

      When I try to enter a short description with a string
      length of exactly 70 chars in an ad either by using
      YWS (web-service) or Yahoo! Search Marketing
      web-interface my submission will be rejected.
      It works when I'm submitting 69 chars but then I find
      a mysterious dot at the end of the short description.

      Does anyone know the reason for this behavior and/or a
      solution?

      Cheers

      Adrian Philipp

      Lesen Sie Ihre E-Mails auf dem Handy.
      www.yahoo.de/go
    • hmcclungiii
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5 11:02 AM
        I've had this problem before as well, both via the API and the actual
        web interface. The closest thing I can figure, is that when the short
        description is displayed in search results, it is split into two
        lines, and that split is counted as a character towards the 70
        character limit. As far as I can tell, there is no workaround.

        --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, Adrian Philipp