LocationService Problems

  • spike121232002
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6 11:38 AM
      We are trying to upgrade to V3 and I cannot access the location
      service. My code builds, but when I try to instantiate the location
      service I get the error "Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not
      be determined." I am referencing the wsl
      http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/developer/docs/V3/wsdl-
      sandbox/V3/LocationService.wsdl. According to the sample code
      YahooEWSClient.cs this should work. Debugging further I found there is
      a dynamically generated file called Reference.cs contains the
      constructor and the url is infact invalid.

      Reference.cs Constructor:
      /// <remarks/>
      public LocationServiceService() {
      this.Url
      = "@hostport_LocationService@/services/V3/LocationService";
      }

      Code:
      LocationServiceService _locationService = new LocationServiceService();
    • spike121232002
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6 1:33 PM
        I figured out my own problem. I realized that location service won't
        work for sandbox enviornment, you must hardcode location service url
        in sandbox.

        --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "spike121232002"