Adding a campaign using .NET 1.1 client

  • mohit_bhatt_1999
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2007
      Hi,

      I am trying to add a campaign and retrieve the list of cmapaigns using
      the YSM API web services. My client is in .NET C# 1.1. When I try to do
      this it throws an exception "There was an error in the XML document",
      the inner exception being "String was not recognized as a valid
      DateTime".
      When i do the same with a VS 2005 (.NET C# 2.0) client, everything
      works fine.

      Is there something that I am missing out on?

      Thanks,
      Mohit Bhatt.
    • mohit_bhatt_1999
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 12, 2007
        I did a couple of things and figured out that this was related to the
        xsi:nil handling in .NET 1.1. So I had to expose the nullable fields
        as properties from my proxy class.

        Ref: http://cheeso.members.winisp.net/srcview.aspx?dir=xml-
        serialization&file=XsiNilDate.cs

        This shows a sample for special handling Date types. Other types can
        be done on the same lines.

        Thanks,
        Mohit Bhatt.

        --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "mohit_bhatt_1999"