[.NET] AddReportRequestForAccountId Problem : "ReportType is missing"

  • fmeriot
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2007
      Hello,
      I've got a problem with this method which return a "Parameter
      ReportType is missing" error.

      I'am using the .NET framework 2.0 and I have run the WSDL.EXE to
      compile the proxy dll for de service.

      Here is the code I'am using :

      Dim myreportparam As New BasicReportRequest()
      myreportparam.reportType = BasicReportType.AdSummary
      myreportparam.reportName = "Test"
      _basicReportService.addReportRequestForAccountID(_accountId,
      myreportparam)
    • danoceansideten
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 16, 2009
        --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "fmeriot" <fmeriot@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        > I've got a problem with this method which return a "Parameter
        > ReportType is missing" error.
        >
        > I'am using the .NET framework 2.0 and I have run the WSDL.EXE to
        > compile the proxy dll for de service.
        >
        > Here is the code I'am using :
        >
        > Dim myreportparam As New BasicReportRequest()
        > myreportparam.reportType = BasicReportType.AdSummary
        > myreportparam.reportName = "Test"
        > _basicReportService.addReportRequestForAccountID(_accountId,
        > myreportparam)

        i also get the same error. Anybody have a fix for this?
      • danoceansideten
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 22, 2009
          --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "danoceansideten" <danoceansideten@...> wrote:

          > --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "fmeriot" <fmeriot@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello,
          > > I've got a problem with this method which return a "Parameter
          > > ReportType is missing" error.
          > >
          > > I'am using the .NET framework 2.0 and I have run the WSDL.EXE to
          > > compile the proxy dll for de service.
          > >
          > > Here is the code I'am using :
          > >
          > > Dim myreportparam As New BasicReportRequest()
          > > myreportparam.reportType = BasicReportType.AdSummary
          > > myreportparam.reportName = "Test"
          > > _basicReportService.addReportRequestForAccountID(_accountId,
          > > myreportparam)
          > >

          > i also get the same error. Anybody have a fix for this?

          Ok through trial and error a coworker discovered that the bool properties of the BasicReportRequest object need to be set to true:

          request.reportTypeSpecified = true;

          and if you use a date range instead of setting dates individually with startdate, enddate then you need to also set:

          request.dateRangeSpecified = true;

          Additionally when you download the report you will also need to set these:

          FileOutputFormat format = new FileOutputFormat();
          format.fileOutputTypeSpecified = true;
          format.zippedSpecified = true;

          Unfortunately, Yahoo isn't watching these message boards and doesnt exactly support .NET users it seems. Their API documentation makes no mention of these bool properties.

          http://developer.searchmarketing.yahoo.com/docs/V5/reference/data/BasicReportRequest.php