POST Method using C#.NET

  • E_MANIGKANDAN
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006
      I am looking for a way to send a POST to the
      x-secure.overture.com server from C#.NET

      Anything would help.
      Thanks
      Mani
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
        Hi Mani,

        We can't really help you with programming language specific issues
        around making HTTP posts. For such issues, I'd suggest a good book or
        web searches.

        If you know how to POST in C#.NET, but are asking for help in the
        specific arguments required to post to x-secure, then that is something
        we *can* help with.

        Please advise.

        -YSM Monkey

        E_MANIGKANDAN wrote:
        > I am looking for a way to send a POST to the
        > x-secure.overture.com server from C#.NET
        >
        > Anything would help.
        > Thanks
        > Mani
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • kleonardacrmed
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 22, 2006
          I am trying to make POSTs using C#/.net and its not working for me as
          well. I supplied all the neccessary Header info but the call to
          getresponse times out. Do you know what us .net users should do?

          --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "Yahoo! Search Marketing

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 22, 2006
            Are you guys posting to https versus http? You'd definitely have
            problems if not.

            kleonardacrmed wrote:
            > I am trying to make POSTs using C#/.net and its not working for me as
            > well. I supplied all the neccessary Header info but the call to
            > getresponse times out. Do you know what us .net users should do?
            >
            > --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "Yahoo! Search Marketing
            > Monkey" <plummerm@...> wrote:
            >> Hi Mani,
            >>
            >> We can't really help you with programming language specific issues
            >> around making HTTP posts. For such issues, I'd suggest a good book or
            >> web searches.
            >>
            >> If you know how to POST in C#.NET, but are asking for help in the
            >> specific arguments required to post to x-secure, then that is something
            >> we *can* help with.
            >>
            >> Please advise.
            >>
            >> -YSM Monkey
            >>

            >> E_MANIGKANDAN wrote:
            >>> I am looking for a way to send a POST to the
            >>> x-secure.overture.com server from C#.NET
            >>>
            >>> Anything would help.
            >>> Thanks
            >>> Mani
            >>>

            >>> Yahoo! Groups Links

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • kleonardacrmed
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 22, 2006
              I am using https.
              Monkey" <plummerm@...> wrote:

              > Are you guys posting to https versus http? You'd definitely have
              > problems if not.
              >

              > kleonardacrmed wrote:
              > > I am trying to make POSTs using C#/.net and its not working for
              me as
              > > well. I supplied all the neccessary Header info but the call to
              > > getresponse times out. Do you know what us .net users should do?
              > >
              > > --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "Yahoo! Search
              Marketing
              > > Monkey" <plummerm@> wrote:
              > >> Hi Mani,
              > >>
              > >> We can't really help you with programming language specific
              issues
              > >> around making HTTP posts. For such issues, I'd suggest a good
              book or
              > >> web searches.
              > >>
              > >> If you know how to POST in C#.NET, but are asking for help in
              the
              > >> specific arguments required to post to x-secure, then that is
              something
              > >> we *can* help with.
              > >>
              > >> Please advise.
              > >>
              > >> -YSM Monkey

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • E_MANIGKANDAN
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 22, 2006
                Finally I figured out a way to post through .NET and it is very very
                simple.

                requestURL ="https://x-secure.overture.com/index.jhtml?
                _DARGS=/index.jhtml&xml=";

                requestXML = "<DTCRequest>.....</DTCRequest>"; --whatever we post it
                in x-secure.overture.com textarea.

                requestXMLPart = "&_D:/go2/xml/XMLRequestHandler.submit="; --This
                has to be added part of the xml query header.

                myEncodedUrl = requestURL + HttpUtility.UrlEncode(requestXML,
                System.Text.Encoding.UTF8) + requestXMLPart;

                XmlTextReader reader= new XmlTextReader(myEncodedUrl);

                DataSet ds = new DataSet();
                ds.ReadXml(reader);

                This method works for me...

                -Mani

                --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "kleonardacrmed"
                <kleonardacrmed@...> wrote:

                > I am using https.
                > --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "Yahoo! Search
                Marketing
                > Monkey" <plummerm@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Are you guys posting to https versus http? You'd definitely
                have
                > > problems if not.
                > >

                > > kleonardacrmed wrote:
                > > > I am trying to make POSTs using C#/.net and its not working
                for
                > me as
                > > > well. I supplied all the neccessary Header info but the call
                > > > getresponse times out. Do you know what us .net users should
                do?

                > > > --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "Yahoo! Search
                > Marketing

                > issues
                > book or

                > the
                > something

                > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • kleonardacrmed
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 23, 2006
                  Yeah that way worked for me too. The reason it works is because for
                  some reason the Yahoo API doesn't like .net adding the POST header
                  explicitly. I tried it with HttpWebRequest and it works fine without
                  the POST header as well, with the POST header it never returns a response.
                  Thanks Mani
                  --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "E_MANIGKANDAN"
                  <petmani@...> wrote:

                  > Finally I figured out a way to post through .NET and it is very very
                  > simple.
                  >
                  > requestURL ="https://x-secure.overture.com/index.jhtml?
                  > _DARGS=/index.jhtml&xml=";
                  >
                  > requestXML = "<DTCRequest>.....</DTCRequest>"; --whatever we post it
                  > in x-secure.overture.com textarea.
                  >
                  > requestXMLPart = "&_D:/go2/xml/XMLRequestHandler.submit="; --This
                  > has to be added part of the xml query header.
                  >
                  > myEncodedUrl = requestURL + HttpUtility.UrlEncode(requestXML,
                  > System.Text.Encoding.UTF8) + requestXMLPart;
                  >
                  > XmlTextReader reader= new XmlTextReader(myEncodedUrl);
                  >
                  > DataSet ds = new DataSet();
                  > ds.ReadXml(reader);
                  >
                  > This method works for me...
                  >
                  > -Mani
                  >
                  > --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "kleonardacrmed"
                  > <kleonardacrmed@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I am using https.
                  > > --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "Yahoo! Search
                  > Marketing
                  > > Monkey" <plummerm@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Are you guys posting to https versus http? You'd definitely
                  > have
                  > > > problems if not.

                  > for
                  > > me as
                  > do?

                  > > Marketing

                  > > issues
                  > good
                  > > book or

                  > > the
                  > > something

                • kleonardacrmed
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 23, 2006
                    I mean the POST method.
                    <kleonardacrmed@...> wrote:

                    > Yeah that way worked for me too. The reason it works is because for
                    > some reason the Yahoo API doesn't like .net adding the POST header
                    > explicitly. I tried it with HttpWebRequest and it works fine without
                    > the POST header as well, with the POST header it never returns a
                    response.
                    > Thanks Mani
                    > --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "E_MANIGKANDAN"
                    > <petmani@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Finally I figured out a way to post through .NET and it is very very
                    > > simple.
                    > >
                    > > requestURL ="https://x-secure.overture.com/index.jhtml?
                    > > _DARGS=/index.jhtml&xml=";
                    > >
                    > > requestXML = "<DTCRequest>.....</DTCRequest>"; --whatever we post it
                    > > in x-secure.overture.com textarea.
                    > >
                    > > requestXMLPart = "&_D:/go2/xml/XMLRequestHandler.submit="; --This
                    > > has to be added part of the xml query header.
                    > >
                    > > myEncodedUrl = requestURL + HttpUtility.UrlEncode(requestXML,
                    > > System.Text.Encoding.UTF8) + requestXMLPart;
                    > >
                    > > XmlTextReader reader= new XmlTextReader(myEncodedUrl);
                    > >
                    > > DataSet ds = new DataSet();
                    > > ds.ReadXml(reader);
                    > >
                    > > This method works for me...
                    > >
                    > > -Mani
                    > >
                    > > --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "kleonardacrmed"
                    > > <kleonardacrmed@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > I am using https.
                    > > > --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "Yahoo! Search
                    > > Marketing

                    > > have

                    > > for
                    > > > me as
                    > > do?

                    > > > Marketing

                    > > > issues
                    > > good
                    > > > book or

                    > > > the
                    > > > something

                  • Manikandan Ehambaram
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 23, 2006
                      The other option would be to use webclient and pass the name value pair (ie., xml & the other "&_D:/go2/xml/XMLRequestHandler.submit). It works but this is something like a screen scrapper but not always reliable I guess.
                      -Mani

                      I mean the POST method.

                      <kleonardacrmed@...> wrote:

                      > Yeah that way worked for me too.  The reason it works is because for
                      > some reason the Yahoo API doesn't like .net adding the POST header
                      > explicitly.  I tried it with HttpWebRequest and it works fine without
                      > the POST header as well, with the POST header it never returns a
                      response.
                      > Thanks Mani
                      > --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "E_MANIGKANDAN"
                      > <petmani@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Finally I figured out a way to post through .NET and it is very very
                      > > simple.
                      > >
                      > > requestURL ="https://x-secure.overture.com/index.jhtml?
                      > > _DARGS=/index.jhtml&xml=";
                      > >
                      > > requestXML = "<DTCRequest>.....</DTCRequest>"; --whatever we post it
                      > > in x-secure.overture.com textarea.
                      > >
                      > > requestXMLPart = "&_D:/go2/xml/XMLRequestHandler.submit="; --This
                      > > has to be added part of the xml query header.
                      > >
                      > > myEncodedUrl = requestURL + HttpUtility.UrlEncode(requestXML,
                      > > System.Text.Encoding.UTF8) + requestXMLPart;
                      > >
                      > > XmlTextReader reader= new XmlTextReader(myEncodedUrl);
                      > >
                      > > DataSet ds = new DataSet();
                      > > ds.ReadXml(reader);
                      > >
                      > > This method works for me...
                      > >
                      > > -Mani
                      > >
                      > > --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "kleonardacrmed"
                      > > <kleonardacrmed@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > I am using https.
                      > > > --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "Yahoo! Search
                      > > Marketing

                      > > have

                      > > for
                      > > > me as
                      > > do?

                      > > > Marketing

                      > > > issues
                      > > good
                      > > > book or

                      > > > the
                      > > > something

                      Marketing and advertising Software tool Internet business
                      Developer Business marketing and advertising Internet business idea

                      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS