Help! Where do i start?

  • hscbaj
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 7 5:47 AM
      Hi all,
      I'm a PHP contractor writing an application to aggregate affiliate
      marketing data from various search engines and affiliate networks.

      I've finished writing my scripts to collate their PPC information from
      Google and now im moving onto their yahoo account... and I can't even
      find out where I'm supposed to start.

      I started off finding this API list
      http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/af/yws_api.php
      "Great" I thought, then i realised there was no wsdl url to hit. My
      search for that turned up nothing, infact I found a few references
      stating the overture API is no longer active?!

      I applied for and received my application ID for yahoo, i had a browse
      around on here and downloaded some of the documentation on here and
      tested on https://x-secure.overture.com/ with (have xxx'd out
      username, password and key.

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <DTCRequest xmlns="urn:/ows/aws/1.2" username="xxxxx"
      password="xxxxxx" key="xxxxxxxx"
      xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
      xs:schemaLocation="urn:/ows/aws/1.2
      https://x-secure-test.overture.com/schema/dtc/1.2/dtc_request.xsd"><Actions
      accountId="1867288329"><GetAccountBalance/></Actions></DTCRequest>

      I get the response:
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
      <DTCResponse xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
      xsi:schemaLocation="urn:/ows/aws/1.2
      https://x-secure.overture.com/schema/dtc/1.2/dtc_response.xsd"
      xmlns="urn:/ows/aws/1.2" success="false" reason="Permission Denied" />

      So not entirely sure where to go next:
      Have I the correct application ID?
      Is overture stopping its API?
      Is there a differentiation between yahoo and overture that ive failed
      to grasp...

      Any advice/help greatly appreciated.
      thanks
    • Justin Meighan
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 7 7:33 AM
        Hi there,

        The DTC api will be no more in a couple of weeks. You need to build your
        application to use the new API. To get access to this you need to talk to
        your yahoo sales dude to give you a master account, account and licence.

        I got all of the above and still can't get access :(

        Cheers,

        >From: "hscbaj" <hscbaj@...>
        >To: yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [yws-searchmarketing] Help! Where do i start?
        >Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 13:47:28 -0000
        >
        >Hi all,
        >I'm a PHP contractor writing an application to aggregate affiliate
        >marketing data from various search engines and affiliate networks.
        >
        >I've finished writing my scripts to collate their PPC information from
        >Google and now im moving onto their yahoo account... and I can't even
        >find out where I'm supposed to start.
        >
        >I started off finding this API list
        >http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/af/yws_api.php
        >"Great" I thought, then i realised there was no wsdl url to hit. My
        >search for that turned up nothing, infact I found a few references
        >stating the overture API is no longer active?!
        >
        >I applied for and received my application ID for yahoo, i had a browse
        >around on here and downloaded some of the documentation on here and
        >tested on https://x-secure.overture.com/ with (have xxx'd out
        >username, password and key.
        >
        ><?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
        ><DTCRequest xmlns="urn:/ows/aws/1.2" username="xxxxx"
        >password="xxxxxx" key="xxxxxxxx"
        >xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
        >xs:schemaLocation="urn:/ows/aws/1.2
        >https://x-secure-test.overture.com/schema/dtc/1.2/dtc_request.xsd"><Actions
        >accountId="1867288329"><GetAccountBalance/></Actions></DTCRequest>
        >
        >I get the response:
        ><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
        ><DTCResponse xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
        >xsi:schemaLocation="urn:/ows/aws/1.2
        >https://x-secure.overture.com/schema/dtc/1.2/dtc_response.xsd"
        >xmlns="urn:/ows/aws/1.2" success="false" reason="Permission Denied" />
        >
        >So not entirely sure where to go next:
        >Have I the correct application ID?
        >Is overture stopping its API?
        >Is there a differentiation between yahoo and overture that ive failed
        >to grasp...
        >
        >Any advice/help greatly appreciated.
        >thanks

        Find accommodation FAST with MSN Search! http://search.msn.ie/
      • Sundarajan Nathikudi
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 7 11:05 AM
          what do you mean DTC API is no more??
          Yahoo is not ready for other regions (other than  US) like EU and Japan??
          DTC API needs to be supported for those regions

          rajan

          href="mailto:hscbaj%40hotmail.com">hscbaj@hotmail. com>
          >To:
          yws-searchmarketing @yahoogroups. com
          >Subject:
          [yws-searchmarketin g] Help! Where do i start?
          >Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007
          13:47:28 -0000

          href="http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/af/yws_api.php">http://searchmarket ing.yahoo. com/af/yws_ api.php

          href="https://x-secure.overture.com/">https://x-secure. overture. com/ with (have xxx'd out
          >username, password and key.
          >
          ><?xml
          version="1.0" encoding="utf- 8"?>
          ><DTCRequest
          xmlns="urn:/ ows/aws/1. 2" username="xxxxx"
          >password="xxxxxx"
          key="xxxxxxxx"
          href="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">http://www.w3. org/2001/ XMLSchema- instance"

          href="https://x-secure-test.overture.com/schema/dtc/1.2/dtc_request.xsd">https://x-secure- test.overture. com/schema/ dtc/1.2/dtc_ request.xsd"><Actions
          >accountId=" 1867288329" ><GetAccountBala nce/></Actions> </DTCRequest>

          get the response:
          ><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF- 8"
          ?>

          href="https://x-secure.overture.com/schema/dtc/1.2/dtc_response.xsd">https://x-secure. overture. com/schema/ dtc/1.2/dtc_ response. xsd"
          >xmlns="urn: /ows/aws/ 1.2"
          success="false" reason="Permission Denied" />

          >So not entirely
          sure where to go next:
          >Have I the correct application ID?
          >Is
          overture stopping its API?
          >Is there a differentiation between yahoo and
          overture that ive failed
          >to grasp...
          >
          >Any advice/help
          greatly appreciated.
          >thanks

          Find accommodation FAST with MSN Search! http://search. msn.ie/

          The information transmitted in this email is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sender and permanently delete the email from any computer.
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 7 1:35 PM
            You are right, it's not going anywhere. The point this person was
            trying to make is that DTCXML is not the API "of the future" for YSM.
            If you have a need to manage non-US accounts and you have to do it
            *now*, then DTCXML is your solution.

            -Y!SM Monkey

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 8 4:27 AM
              they are going to shut down the DTC API, I was sent an email from yahoo
              nforming me of this.

              Customise your home page with RSS feeds at MSN Ireland! http://ie.msn.com/