not a valid license key?

  • verde160
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 2, 2007
      We used to have only a single master account and the API worked fine
      for us. Now we have multiple master accounts and we are always
      getting a "xxxxxxxx is not a valid license key" error message when we
      try to access any of the API services through a different master
      account. Do we need a different license key for each master account
      or can all our master accounts be tied to a single license key?
    • sagittarian
      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 2, 2007
        No, you do not need a new license key but you will have to change the
        way you package your SOAP by adding some additional headers. Start here
        for further details:

        --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "verde160" <brian@...>
        wrote:

        > We used to have only a single master account and the API worked fine
        > for us. Now we have multiple master accounts and we are always
        > getting a "xxxxxxxx is not a valid license key" error message when we
        > try to access any of the API services through a different master
        > account. Do we need a different license key for each master account
        > or can all our master accounts be tied to a single license key?

      • jdbov
        Message 3 of 26 , Feb 2, 2007
          I have asked this in many other threads with no response. We have no
          record of a security key with our accounts. The only account specific
          id we have is the 10 digit number that I imagine is the account_id. I
          was trying to access dtc_xml and was getting denied permission using
          this number as the key.

          We are basically writing a little app to search on multiples of a
          client's terms and see the results. We have many clients with many terms.

          I was hoping to tap into the dtc so that I could compare the search
          results with the stats for our terms. So with dtc being unsuccessful
          we have changed course a bit. We have been able to list the
          unsponsored listings for our searches but we would now at least like
          to list the results of sponsored listings as well. Can this be done?

          TIA,
          Jim
        • verde160
          Message 4 of 26 , Feb 2, 2007
            I looked at the posting you suggested. Are you saying that I have to
            use onBehalfOfUsername and onBehalfOfPassword for particular master
            accounts to be able to use the same license key?
            Message 5 of 26 , Feb 2, 2007
              This has indeed been answered before. The Search Marketing APIs (DTCXML
              or EWS) are not self-service. You must have a license key to use them,
              for what I hope are obvious reasons.

              Anyway, here's the link I've posted many times to this list:

              http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/af/yws.php

              I hope that helps.
              -Y!SM Monkey

              Message 6 of 26 , Feb 2, 2007
                Yes, OnBehalfOf is the way to go in this case. Once you have multiple
                master accounts, you are essentially behaving as an agency. This is
                debatable, but is the way the system works today. Should be a pretty
                easy implementation.

                -Y!SM Monkey

                Brian Graves wrote:
                > I looked at the posting you suggested. Are you saying that I have to
                > use onBehalfOfUsername and onBehalfOfPassword for particular master
                > accounts to be able to use the same license key?
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • sagittarian
                Message 7 of 26 , Feb 2, 2007
                  Ah, but it would be soooo much easier if you also including
                  onBehalfOfUsername and onBehalfOfPassword in the WSDL and then just
                  wrote the specs to state that if we pass values though those headers,
                  that they will be validated, otherswise pass nothing. ;-)

                  It was a minor pain to implement and will be a further minor pain to
                  deal with every time the WSDL is updated. You could also consider
                  a "nillable" attribute on the header definition.

                  --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "Yahoo! Search Marketing
                  Monkey" <plummerm@...> wrote:

                  > Yes, OnBehalfOf is the way to go in this case. Once you have multiple
                  > master accounts, you are essentially behaving as an agency. This is
                  > debatable, but is the way the system works today. Should be a pretty
                  > easy implementation.
                  >
                  > -Y!SM Monkey
                • sagittarian
                  Message 8 of 26 , Feb 2, 2007
                    One last thing to add to this, in VS.NET 2005, if you create web
                    references the way MS wants you to, the code isn't even available to
                    be altered since they do dynamic WSDL binding at compile time.

                    Just a thought....

                    --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "sagittarian" <cali@...>
                    wrote:

                    > Ah, but it would be soooo much easier if you also including
                    > onBehalfOfUsername and onBehalfOfPassword in the WSDL and then just
                    > wrote the specs to state that if we pass values though those
                    headers,
                    > that they will be validated, otherswise pass nothing. ;-)
                    >
                    > It was a minor pain to implement and will be a further minor pain
                    > deal with every time the WSDL is updated. You could also consider
                    > a "nillable" attribute on the header definition.
                    >
                    > --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "Yahoo! Search
                    Marketing
                    > Monkey" <plummerm@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Yes, OnBehalfOf is the way to go in this case. Once you have
                    multiple
                    > > master accounts, you are essentially behaving as an agency. This
                    is
                    > > debatable, but is the way the system works today. Should be a
                    pretty
                    > > easy implementation.
                    > >
                    > > -Y!SM Monkey

                  • verde160
                    Message 9 of 26 , Feb 2, 2007
                      So to implement this, I have to change the WSDL and also change it
                      each time the API changes? Why isn't it in the WSDL?

                      wrote:

                      > Ah, but it would be soooo much easier if you also including
                      > onBehalfOfUsername and onBehalfOfPassword in the WSDL and then
                      just
                      > wrote the specs to state that if we pass values though those
                      headers,
                      > that they will be validated, otherswise pass nothing. ;-)
                      >
                      > It was a minor pain to implement and will be a further minor pain
                      > deal with every time the WSDL is updated. You could also consider
                      > a "nillable" attribute on the header definition.
                      >
                      > --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "Yahoo! Search
                      Marketing
                      > Monkey" <plummerm@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Yes, OnBehalfOf is the way to go in this case. Once you have
                      multiple
                      > > master accounts, you are essentially behaving as an agency.
                      This is
                      > > debatable, but is the way the system works today. Should be a
                      pretty
                      > > easy implementation.
                      > >
                      > > -Y!SM Monkey

                    • sagittarian
                      Message 10 of 26 , Feb 2, 2007
                        Did you read the entire thread that I pointed you towards earlier? It
                        explains in detail that tasks that need to be accomplished. Mind you,
                        this is for .NET but you would have to do something similar on other
                        platforms.

                        Basically, the WSDL does not contain definitions for the onBehalfOf
                        headers so you need to figure out a way to create and pass those
                        headers for your "third party" Master Account IDs. The platform you are
                        using will dictate what you need to do.

                        Message 11 of 26 , Feb 2, 2007
                          Yes, I read the whole thing. I have to change the WSDL and add the
                          OBO class to my code. The problem is that I have to change the WSDL
                          each time the API is updated.

                          By the way, these additional master accounts are NOT tied to the
                          master account that is currently working so I'm not even sure if
                          this thread addresses the problem of using an invalid license key.

                          Message 12 of 26 , Feb 2, 2007
                            You do not have to alter the WSDL but you do have to alter the code
                            generated by the WSDL.exe utility.

                            If you are using the latest VS.NET 2K5 way of adding a web reference,
                            this may be very difficult to do since the code is dymaically generated
                            behind the scenese.

                            If this is the case then use the following commandline to generate a
                            YahooWebService file that you can pull into your project, allowing you
                            to dump the web references. I'd personally do it anyways just because
                            its cleaner and gets rid of the duplicate types. You will then have to
                            update this file (not the WSDL) every time they make an upgrade.

                            "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0
                            \Bin\wsdl.exe" /l:cs /n:"Yahoo.WebServices" /o:"C:\<your_path_here>\Yaho
                            oWebService.cs" /sharetypes
                            https://global.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/AccountService?
                            wsdl
                            https://global.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/AdGroupService?
                            wsdl https://global.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/AdService?
                            wsdl
                            https://global.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/BasicReportServic
                            e?wsdl
                            https://global.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/BidInformationSer
                            vice?wsdl
                            https://global.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/BudgetingService?
                            wsdl
                            https://global.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/CampaignService?
                            wsdl
                            https://global.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/ExcludedWordsServ
                            ice?wsdl
                            https://global.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/ForecastService?
                            wsdl
                            https://global.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/KeywordResearchSe
                            rvice?wsdl
                            https://global.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/KeywordService?
                            wsdl
                            https://global.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/LocationService?
                            wsdl
                            https://global.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/MasterAccountServ
                            ice?wsdl
                            https://global.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/UserManagementSer
                            vice?wsdl

                            Message 13 of 26 , Feb 2, 2007
                              Yes, I'm using VS2005. Will that commandline generate the OBO
                              headers that I need in my WSDL? And if it does, will I be able to
                              access other master accounts even if they aren't related to the
                              master account that works with the license key that Yahoo gave me?

                              ?
                              > wsdl

                              https://global.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/AdGroupService
                              ?
                              > wsdl
                              https://global.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/AdService?
                              > wsdl

                              https://global.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/BasicReportSer
                              vic
                              > e?wsdl

                              https://global.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/BidInformation
                              Ser
                              > vice?wsdl

                              https://global.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/BudgetingServi
                              ce?
                              > wsdl

                              https://global.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/CampaignServic
                              e?
                              > wsdl

                              https://global.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/ExcludedWordsS
                              erv
                              > ice?wsdl

                              https://global.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/ForecastServic
                              e?
                              > wsdl

                              https://global.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/KeywordResearc
                              hSe
                              > rvice?wsdl

                              https://global.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/KeywordService
                              ?
                              > wsdl

                              https://global.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/LocationServic
                              e?
                              > wsdl

                              https://global.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/MasterAccountS
                              erv
                              > ice?wsdl

                              https://global.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/UserManagement
                              Ser
                              > vice?wsdl
                              >
                              > --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "verde160" <brian@>
                              > wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Yes, I read the whole thing. I have to change the WSDL and add
                              the
                              > > OBO class to my code. The problem is that I have to change the
                              WSDL
                              > > each time the API is updated.
                              > >
                              > > By the way, these additional master accounts are NOT tied to the
                              > > master account that is currently working so I'm not even sure if
                              > > this thread addresses the problem of using an invalid license
                              key.

                            • sagittarian
                              Message 14 of 26 , Feb 2, 2007
                                No, the command line just generates a C# file representing ALL of the
                                imported web services. You will then have to alter this file as per
                                the earlier discussed thread by adding the SOAP header attributes.

                                Then, for each of the classes in this file that inherits
                                from "SoapHttpClientProtocolBase" to inherit from
                                the "BaseYahooWebService" defined below:

                                using System;
                                using System.ComponentModel;
                                using System.Diagnostics;
                                using System.Reflection;
                                using System.Web.Services;
                                using System.Web.Services.Protocols;
                                using System.Xml.Serialization;

                                namespace Yahoo.WebServices
                                {
                                [System.CodeDom.Compiler.GeneratedCodeAttribute
                                ( "wsdl", "2.0.50727.42" )]
                                [System.SerializableAttribute()]
                                [System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThroughAttribute()]
                                [System.ComponentModel.DesignerCategoryAttribute( "code" )]
                                [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlTypeAttribute(
                                Namespace="http://marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/V1" )]
                                [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlRootAttribute(
                                Namespace="http://marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/V1", IsNullable=true )]
                                public partial class onBehalfOfUsername :
                                System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeader
                                {
                                private string[] textField;

                                /// <remarks/>
                                [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlTextAttribute()]
                                public string[] Text
                                {
                                get
                                {
                                return this.textField;
                                }
                                set
                                {
                                this.textField = value;
                                }
                                }
                                }

                                [System.CodeDom.Compiler.GeneratedCodeAttribute
                                ( "wsdl", "2.0.50727.42" )]
                                [System.SerializableAttribute()]
                                [System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThroughAttribute()]
                                [System.ComponentModel.DesignerCategoryAttribute( "code" )]
                                [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlTypeAttribute(
                                Namespace="http://marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/V1" )]
                                [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlRootAttribute(
                                Namespace="http://marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/V1", IsNullable=true )]
                                public partial class onBehalfOfPassword :
                                System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeader
                                {
                                private string[] textField;

                                /// <remarks/>
                                [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlTextAttribute()]
                                public string[] Text
                                {
                                get
                                {
                                return this.textField;
                                }
                                set
                                {
                                this.textField = value;
                                }
                                }
                                }

                                public abstract class BaseYahooWebService :
                                SoapHttpClientProtocolBase
                                {
                                private onBehalfOfUsername onBehalfOfUsernameValueField;
                                private onBehalfOfPassword onBehalfOfPasswordValueField;

                                public onBehalfOfUsername onBehalfOfUsernameValue
                                {
                                get
                                {
                                return this.onBehalfOfUsernameValueField;
                                }
                                set
                                {
                                this.onBehalfOfUsernameValueField = value;
                                }
                                }

                                public onBehalfOfPassword onBehalfOfPasswordValue
                                {
                                get
                                {
                                return this.onBehalfOfPasswordValueField;
                                }
                                set
                                {
                                this.onBehalfOfPasswordValueField = value;
                                }
                                }
                                }
                                }

                                Message 15 of 26 , Feb 5, 2007
                                  > Anyway, here's the link I've posted many times to this list:
                                  >
                                  > http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/af/yws.php

                                  Yes I have used this as a reference since I started this project.
                                  However there is nothing here that says where our license key resides.
                                  We have someone managing the accounts using the general admin area
                                  but they only know of the account IDs. Are you saying we have to sign
                                  up for a whole other program just to get a license key for the
                                  accounts we already have?
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Feb 5, 2007
                                    Correct. License keys are not standard issue. They have a set amount
                                    of quota available and that requires a discussion with the Y!SM
                                    Technical Sales team.

                                    -Y!SM Monkey

                                    jdbov wrote:

                                    >> Anyway, here's the link I've posted many times to this list:
                                    >>
                                    >> http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/af/yws.php
                                    >>

                                    > Yes I have used this as a reference since I started this project.
                                    > However there is nothing here that says where our license key resides.
                                    > We have someone managing the accounts using the general admin area
                                    > but they only know of the account IDs. Are you saying we have to sign
                                    > up for a whole other program just to get a license key for the
                                    > accounts we already have?
                                    >

                                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                  • verde160
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Feb 7, 2007
                                      I tried to add the code you mentioned to the generated CS file but I
                                      get a compilation error on "SoapHttpClientProtocolBase" when I try to
                                      build the DLL. Where is this class defined?

                                      Message 18 of 26 , Feb 7, 2007
                                        Sorry about that, change that
                                        to "System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol"

                                        SoapHttpClientProtocolBase is another Base class that I use for web
                                        services that performs logging and retries upong WebException
                                        failures. Sorry, but I'm not handing that one out. ;)

                                        wrote:

> [...]
                                        > >
                                        > > public onBehalfOfPassword onBehalfOfPasswordValue
                                        > > {
                                        > > get
                                        > > {
                                        > > return this.onBehalfOfPasswordValueField;
                                        > > }
                                        > > set
                                        > > {
                                        > > this.onBehalfOfPasswordValueField = value;
                                        > > }
                                        > > }
                                        > > }
                                        > > }
                                        > >
                                        > > --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "verde160" <brian@>
                                        > > wrote:
                                        > > >
                                        > > > Yes, I'm using VS2005. Will that commandline generate the OBO
                                        > > > headers that I need in my WSDL? And if it does, will I be able
                                        > > > access other master accounts even if they aren't related to the
                                        > > > master account that works with the license key that Yahoo gave

                                      • verde160
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Feb 7, 2007
                                          Thanks...I was able to build the library. Unfortunately, when I use
                                          the onBehalfOfUserName and onBehalfOfPassword in the locationservice,
                                          I get a "login failed" exception when I use my main master account
                                          login. Am I supposed to use my alterate master account
                                          (username/password) in these onBehalfOf variables instead? Here's my
                                          code:
                                          Dim _location As String = "Location"
                                          Try
                                          Dim _locationServiceURL As String =
                                          EWS_ACCESS_HTTP_PROTOCOL + "://" + EWS_LOCATION_SERVICE_ENDPOINT
                                          + "/services/" + EWS_SERVICE_VERSION + "/LocationService"
                                          Dim _locationService As LocationServiceService = New
                                          LocationServiceServiceProxy_ProxyYahooSearch
                                          Dim _securityValue As Yahoo.WebServices.Security = New
                                          Yahoo.WebServices.Security
                                          Dim _masterAccountID As Yahoo.WebServices.masterAccountID
                                          = New Yahoo.WebServices.masterAccountID
                                          Dim _accountID As String
                                          Dim _license As Yahoo.WebServices.license = New
                                          Yahoo.WebServices.license
                                          Dim _onBehalfOfUserName As
                                          Yahoo.WebServices.onBehalfOfUsername = New
                                          Yahoo.WebServices.onBehalfOfUsername
                                          Dim _onBehalfOfPassword As
                                          Yahoo.WebServices.onBehalfOfPassword = New
                                          Yahoo.WebServices.onBehalfOfPassword

                                          _securityValue.UsernameToken = New
                                          Yahoo.WebServices.UsernameToken
                                          _securityValue.UsernameToken.Username = username
                                          _securityValue.UsernameToken.Password = password

                                          _masterAccountID.Text = Array.CreateInstance(GetType
                                          (String), 1)
                                          _masterAccountID.Text.SetValue(masterAccountID, 0)
                                          _license.Text = Array.CreateInstance(GetType(String), 1)
                                          _license.Text.SetValue(license, 0)

                                          _accountID = accountID

                                          _onBehalfOfUserName.Text = Array.CreateInstance(GetType
                                          (String), 1)
                                          _onBehalfOfUserName.Text.SetValue("mainaccount", 0)
                                          _onBehalfOfPassword.Text = Array.CreateInstance(GetType
                                          (String), 1)
                                          _onBehalfOfPassword.Text.SetValue("mainpassword", 0)

                                          'Need to change URL once we go live to real server
                                          _locationService.Url = _locationServiceURL
                                          _locationService.masterAccountIDValue = _masterAccountID
                                          _locationService.SecurityValue = _securityValue
                                          _locationService.licenseValue = _license
                                          _locationService.onBehalfOfUsernameValue =
                                          _onBehalfOfUserName
                                          _locationService.onBehalfOfPasswordValue =
                                          _onBehalfOfPassword
                                          _location = _locationService.getMasterAccountLocation()
                                          + "/" + EWS_SERVICE_VERSION
                                          Catch ex As Exception
                                          Dim message As String = ex.Message
                                          _location = message
                                          End Try

                                          wrote:

> [...]
                                          > > > private onBehalfOfPassword onBehalfOfPasswordValueField;
                                          > > >
                                          > > > public onBehalfOfUsername onBehalfOfUsernameValue
                                          > > > {
                                          > > > get
                                          > > > {
                                          > > > return this.onBehalfOfUsernameValueField;
                                          > > > }
                                          > > > set
                                          > > > {
                                          > > > this.onBehalfOfUsernameValueField = value;
                                          > > > }
                                          > > > }
                                          > > >
                                          > > > public onBehalfOfPassword onBehalfOfPasswordValue
                                          > > > {
                                          > > > get
                                          > > > {
                                          > > > return this.onBehalfOfPasswordValueField;
                                          > > > }
                                          > > > set
                                          > > > {
                                          > > > this.onBehalfOfPasswordValueField = value;

                                        • sagittarian
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Feb 7, 2007
                                            Ok, here is the break down as found here:
                                            http://ysm.techportal.searchmarketing.yahoo.com/docs/gsg/requests.asp#
                                            header

                                            Element Description
                                            (1) User Requests: If you are a user making a request (for example,
                                            you are the advertiser), the SOAP header includes these elements:

                                            username Your username.
                                            password Your password.
                                            license Your license key.
                                            masterAccountID Your master account ID.
                                            accountID Your account ID.

                                            (2) On-Behalf-Of Requests: If you are a third party (for example, an
                                            agency, tool provider, or search engine marketer) making a request on
                                            behalf of another user (the advertiser) the SOAP header includes
                                            these elements:

                                            Element Description
                                            username Your username.
                                            password Your password.
                                            license Your license key.
                                            masterAccountID The advertiser's master account ID.
                                            accountID The advertiser's account ID.
                                            onBehalfOfUsername The advertiser's "on-behalf-of" username.
                                            onBehalfOfPassword The advertiser's "on-behalf-of" password.

                                            Message 21 of 26 , Feb 7, 2007
                                              Okay...my code matches the requirements. Do you know why I'm still
                                              getting a "Login failed for user: masterlogin" exception when I try
                                              to call the _locationService.getMasterAccountLocation() function?
                                              The username and password are the correct master account login
                                              username and password...

                                              #
                                              > header
                                              >

                                              > Element Description
                                              > (1) User Requests: If you are a user making a request (for
                                              example,
                                              > you are the advertiser), the SOAP header includes these elements:
                                              >
                                              > username Your username.
                                              > password Your password.
                                              > license Your license key.
                                              > masterAccountID Your master account ID.
                                              > accountID Your account ID.
                                              >

                                              > (2) On-Behalf-Of Requests: If you are a third party (for example,
                                              an
                                              > agency, tool provider, or search engine marketer) making a request
                                              on
                                              > behalf of another user (the advertiser) the SOAP header includes
                                              > these elements:
                                              >

                                              > Element Description
                                              > username Your username.
                                              > password Your password.
                                              > license Your license key.
                                              > masterAccountID The advertiser's master account ID.
                                              > accountID The advertiser's account ID.
                                              > onBehalfOfUsername The advertiser's "on-behalf-of" username.
                                              > onBehalfOfPassword The advertiser's "on-behalf-of" password.
                                              >

                                              > --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "verde160" <brian@>
                                              > wrote:
                                              > >
                                              > > Thanks...I was able to build the library. Unfortunately, when I
                                              > use
                                              > > the onBehalfOfUserName and onBehalfOfPassword in the
                                              > locationservice,
                                              > > I get a "login failed" exception when I use my main master
                                              account
                                              > > login. Am I supposed to use my alterate master account
                                              > > (username/password) in these onBehalfOf variables instead?
                                              Here's
                                              > my

                                            • sagittarian
                                              Message 22 of 26 , Feb 7, 2007
                                                I'm willing to bet that you are not entering the correct credentials
                                                for the header values. Please double check. The Username, password and
                                                lilicense headers are the same values your always use. What changes is
                                                the masterAccountID and then you add the onBehalfOfUsername and
                                                onBehalfOfPassword headers. Leave those values "null" (Or Nothing in
                                                VB) if you are communicating with your own Master account.

                                                username = YOUR master account's Username.
                                                password = YOUR master account's Password.
                                                license = YOUR master account's License Key.
                                                masterAccountID = YOUR CLIENT'S Master Account ID
                                                accountID = YOUR CLIENT'S Account ID.
                                                onBehalfOfUsername = YOUR CLIENT'S Username
                                                onBehalfOfPassword = YOUR CLIENT'S Password

                                                wrote:

                                                > Okay...my code matches the requirements. Do you know why I'm still
                                                > getting a "Login failed for user: masterlogin" exception when I try
                                                > to call the _locationService.getMasterAccountLocation() function?
                                                > The username and password are the correct master account login
                                                > username and password...
                                              • sagittarian
                                                Message 23 of 26 , Feb 7, 2007
                                                  FYI, if you're gonna need much more help figuring this out, then I'm
                                                  gonna have to start charging you! ;)

                                                  wrote:

                                                  > I'm willing to bet that you are not entering the correct
                                                  credentials
                                                  > for the header values. Please double check. The Username, password
                                                  and
                                                  > lilicense headers are the same values your always use. What changes
                                                  is
                                                  > the masterAccountID and then you add the onBehalfOfUsername and
                                                  > onBehalfOfPassword headers. Leave those values "null" (Or Nothing
                                                  in
                                                  > VB) if you are communicating with your own Master account.
                                                  >
                                                  > username = YOUR master account's Username.
                                                  > password = YOUR master account's Password.
                                                  > license = YOUR master account's License Key.
                                                  > masterAccountID = YOUR CLIENT'S Master Account ID
                                                  > accountID = YOUR CLIENT'S Account ID.
                                                  > onBehalfOfUsername = YOUR CLIENT'S Username
                                                  > onBehalfOfPassword = YOUR CLIENT'S Password
                                                  >
                                                  > --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "verde160" <brian@>
                                                  > wrote:
                                                  > >
                                                  > > Okay...my code matches the requirements. Do you know why I'm
                                                  still
                                                  > > getting a "Login failed for user: masterlogin" exception when I
                                                  try
                                                  > > to call the _locationService.getMasterAccountLocation()
                                                  function?
                                                  > > The username and password are the correct master account login
                                                  > > username and password...

                                                • verde160
                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Feb 7, 2007
                                                    You are absolutely correct. I had the login values switched. It
                                                    works now! Thanks a bunch! =)

                                                    wrote:

                                                    > I'm willing to bet that you are not entering the correct
                                                    credentials
                                                    > for the header values. Please double check. The Username, password
                                                    and
                                                    > lilicense headers are the same values your always use. What
                                                    changes is
                                                    > the masterAccountID and then you add the onBehalfOfUsername and
                                                    > onBehalfOfPassword headers. Leave those values "null" (Or Nothing
                                                    in
                                                    > VB) if you are communicating with your own Master account.
                                                    >
                                                    > username = YOUR master account's Username.
                                                    > password = YOUR master account's Password.
                                                    > license = YOUR master account's License Key.
                                                    > masterAccountID = YOUR CLIENT'S Master Account ID
                                                    > accountID = YOUR CLIENT'S Account ID.
                                                    > onBehalfOfUsername = YOUR CLIENT'S Username
                                                    > onBehalfOfPassword = YOUR CLIENT'S Password
                                                    >
                                                    > --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "verde160" <brian@>
                                                    > wrote:
                                                    > >
                                                    > > Okay...my code matches the requirements. Do you know why I'm
                                                    still
                                                    > > getting a "Login failed for user: masterlogin" exception when I
                                                    try
                                                    > > to call the _locationService.getMasterAccountLocation()
                                                    function?
                                                    > > The username and password are the correct master account login
                                                    > > username and password...

                                                  • verde160
                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Feb 7, 2007
                                                      Dude, I thought you worked for Yahoo...wow, that was nice of you!
                                                      Good to know that there are people out there who have a helpful
                                                      spirit. I definately owe you one! =)

                                                      wrote:

                                                      > FYI, if you're gonna need much more help figuring this out, then
                                                      I'm
                                                      > gonna have to start charging you! ;)
                                                      >
                                                      > --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "sagittarian" <cali@>
                                                      > wrote:
                                                      > >
                                                      > > I'm willing to bet that you are not entering the correct
                                                      > credentials
                                                      > > for the header values. Please double check. The Username,
                                                      password
                                                      > and
                                                      > > lilicense headers are the same values your always use. What
                                                      changes
                                                      > is
                                                      > > the masterAccountID and then you add the onBehalfOfUsername and
                                                      > > onBehalfOfPassword headers. Leave those values "null" (Or
                                                      Nothing
                                                      > in
                                                      > > VB) if you are communicating with your own Master account.
                                                      > >
                                                      > > username = YOUR master account's Username.
                                                      > > password = YOUR master account's Password.
                                                      > > license = YOUR master account's License Key.
                                                      > > masterAccountID = YOUR CLIENT'S Master Account ID
                                                      > > accountID = YOUR CLIENT'S Account ID.
                                                      > > onBehalfOfUsername = YOUR CLIENT'S Username
                                                      > > onBehalfOfPassword = YOUR CLIENT'S Password
                                                      > >
                                                      > > --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "verde160" <brian@>
                                                      > > wrote:
                                                      > > >
                                                      > > > Okay...my code matches the requirements. Do you know why I'm
                                                      > still
                                                      > > > getting a "Login failed for user: masterlogin" exception when
                                                      > try
                                                      > > > to call the _locationService.getMasterAccountLocation()
                                                      > function?
                                                      > > > The username and password are the correct master account login
                                                      > > > username and password...

                                                    • sagittarian
                                                      Message 26 of 26 , Feb 7, 2007
                                                        Nope, definitely not a Yahoo employee. For all I know, you could work
                                                        for a direct compeitor of the company I work for! ;)

                                                        If they ever decide to offer me a job to help them define a more usable
                                                        API interface, I might be interested though!