Problems running Microsoft wsdl.exe on production APIs

  • mcnisiv
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2007
      I am trying to create a C# wrapper for the production APIs using the
      wsdl.exe tool and am getting an error. Here is the command line that
      I am using to do this:

      "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin\wsdl.exe"
      /l:cs /n:YahooEWS /o:YahooEWSService.cs /sharetypes
      https://marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/BasicReportService?wsdl
      https://marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/LocationService?wsdl

      The error I am getting is:

      Error: There was an error processing
      'https://marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/BasicReportService?wsdl'.
      - There was an error downloading
      'https://marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/BasicReportService?wsdl'.
      - The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust
      relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
      - The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation
      procedure.

      I believe the error is because the name on the https security
      certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site. This
      can be verified/viewed via a browser by entering in one of the
      marketingAPI addresses into the address bar of the browser. Does
      anyone have a workaround for this? I am trying to create one file
      containing all the shared types.

      Regards,
      Nisi
    • don.frazier
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2007
        I'm getting the same thing. IE7 gives me a nasty warning but shows
        me the XML. You can view source on this, save it to some.wsdl and
        then generate pointing to that file instead of the wsdl
        URLs. /sharetypes is complaining but at least it would get you going
        until Yahoo corrects the problem.

        wsdl /l:cs /n:YahooEWS /o:YahooEWSService.cs some.wsdl

        --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "mcnisiv" <mcnisiv@...>
        wrote:

        > I am trying to create a C# wrapper for the production APIs using the
        > wsdl.exe tool and am getting an error. Here is the command line
        that
        > I am using to do this:
        >
        > "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin\wsdl.exe"
        > /l:cs /n:YahooEWS /o:YahooEWSService.cs /sharetypes
        > https://marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/BasicReportService?
        wsdl
        > https://marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/LocationService?wsdl
        >
        > The error I am getting is:
        >
        > Error: There was an error processing
        > 'https://marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/BasicReportService?
        wsdl'.
        > - There was an error downloading
        > 'https://marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/BasicReportService?
        wsdl'.
        > - The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust
        > relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
        > - The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation
        > procedure.
        >

        > I believe the error is because the name on the https security
        > certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site. This
        > can be verified/viewed via a browser by entering in one of the
        > marketingAPI addresses into the address bar of the browser. Does
        > anyone have a workaround for this? I am trying to create one file
        > containing all the shared types.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Nisi

      • don.frazier
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 2007
          just checked the doco ... try this instead:

          http://ysm.techportal.searchmarketing.yahoo.com/docs/wsdl/V1/LocationS
          ervice.wsdl

          --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "don.frazier"

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 4, 2007
            Hey guys, I think the issue is the hostname you are using.
            'marketing.ews.yahooapis.com' isn't the right host to use, and I expect
            a change to be made on the Yahoo! side to disable it.

            For general WSDL queries (outside the scope of actually calling methods
            via the endpoint returned by the LocationService), please use:

            https://global.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/XXXXXX?WSDL

            That should work well for you.

            Thanks,
            -Y!SM Monkey

            don.frazier wrote:
            > I'm getting the same thing. IE7 gives me a nasty warning but shows
            > me the XML. You can view source on this, save it to some.wsdl and
            > then generate pointing to that file instead of the wsdl
            > URLs. /sharetypes is complaining but at least it would get you going
            > until Yahoo corrects the problem.
            >

            > wsdl /l:cs /n:YahooEWS /o:YahooEWSService.cs some.wsdl
            >

            > --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "mcnisiv" <mcnisiv@...>
            > wrote:
            >> I am trying to create a C# wrapper for the production APIs using the
            >> wsdl.exe tool and am getting an error. Here is the command line
            > that
            >> I am using to do this:
            >>
            >> "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin\wsdl.exe"
            >> /l:cs /n:YahooEWS /o:YahooEWSService.cs /sharetypes
            >> https://marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/BasicReportService?
            > wsdl
            >> https://marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/LocationService?wsdl
            >>
            >> The error I am getting is:
            >>
            >> Error: There was an error processing
            >> 'https://marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/BasicReportService?
            > wsdl'.
            >> - There was an error downloading
            >> 'https://marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/BasicReportService?
            > wsdl'.
            >> - The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust
            >> relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
            >> - The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation
            >> procedure.
            >>

            >> I believe the error is because the name on the https security
            >> certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site. This
            >> can be verified/viewed via a browser by entering in one of the
            >> marketingAPI addresses into the address bar of the browser. Does
            >> anyone have a workaround for this? I am trying to create one file
            >> containing all the shared types.
            >>
            >> Regards,
            >> Nisi
            >>

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • don.frazier
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 4, 2007
              Thanks monkey. Perhaps the "wsdl" links on pages such as
              http://ysm.techportal.searchmarketing.yahoo.com/docs/reference/service
              s/BasicReportService.asp could be updated with this information.

              --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "Yahoo! Search Marketing

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 4, 2007
                I'd suggest NOT using the WSDL hosted in the tech portal. Those are
                meant for reference, not for actual use in your code. The wsdl link I
                just sent is much better for production code use.

                -Y!SM Monkey