getMasterAccountLocation - Help getting started please

  • justin.evans_theslice
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 26, 2006
      Hi, I need some help getting started please.

      I've read that first I need to locate a local URL. To do this
      apparently I post a "getMasterAccountLocation" request to:

      https://sandbox.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/LocationServic

      So as per documentation, I'm posting:

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <DTCRequest xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
      xs:schemaLocation="urn:/ows/aws/1.2
      https://x-secure.overture.com/schema/dtc/1.2/dtc_request.xsd"
      xmlns="urn:/ows/aws/1.2" username="%myName%" password="%myPass%"
      key="%mykey%">
      <Actions accountId="12345678" >
      <getMasterAccountLocation />
      </Actions>
      </DTCRequest>

      The response I get back is:

      <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><soap:Envelope
      xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-
      instance"><soap:Header><yns:sid
      xmlns:yns="http://marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/V1">sk1-sbxadservices-
      001:Thu Oct 26 06:09:27 PDT
      2006</yns:sid></soap:Header><soap:Body><soap:Fault><faultcode>soap:Cli
      ent</faultcode><faultstring>There must be a method name
      element.</faultstring></soap:Fault></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

      "There must be a method name element."

      Can anybody shed any light on this please?

      I've searched previous posts and have been trying some different code:

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
      <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
      xmlns:ns9649="http://testuri.com">
      <SOAP-ENV:Header>
      <username>%myUsername%</username>
      <password>%myPassword%</password>
      <key>%myKey%</key>
      <masterAccountID>%myMasterAccountId%</masterAccountID>
      </SOAP-ENV:Header>
      <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <getMasterAccountLocation></getMasterAccountLocation>
      </SOAP-ENV:Body>
      </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

      The response I get for this is:

      "Login failed for %myUsername%"

      I've been trying variations of login credentials, my yahoo login, my
      Yahoo Search Marketing overture login etc.

      Again any help would be much appreciated.

      Many thanks

      Justin
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 26, 2006
        Hi Justin,

        Your first xml sample is *way* off. You are using the old DTCXML style
        instead of SOAP which is the new standard for the Y!SM API. You should
        be using a SOAP toolkit in your language of choice, and you should
        definitely take a look at the sample code included in the documentation.

        Your second xml sample is on target and looks like a valid SOAP request
        to me. The error you are getting is probably due to one of your header
        fields (user/pass/key/master account id) being wrong. Are you using the
        license key from DTCXML or one that was given to you recently for the
        new API? Please contact whoever send you your license key to follow up
        directly, as they'll need to review this information to help validate it.

        Thanks,
        -Y!SM Monkey

      • justin.evans_theslice
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 27, 2006
          Monkey

          We are intentionally using the DTC-XML version, being that it is live
          and the SOAP version is not.

          "Right now we have an API which we refer to as DTC-XML. You should
          refer only to the documentation in this guide for DTC-XML: AWS DTC-
          XML v1.2.2¬óReference Guide

          We also have a Sandbox (test environment) for our next-generation
          Enterprise Web Services. This is in beta and you should refer only to
          the Technology Portal for information about EWS.

          The problem is that you are sending DTC-XML requests to our
          Enterprise Web Services Sandbox (BETA). DTC-XML and EWS are two
          different APIs and this is why you get an error.

          To get started with DTC-XML please refer to the documentation AWS DTC-
          XML v1.2.2¬óReference Guide"

          We have discussed this with Yahoo already and were asked which
          version we wanted to use, the current live version, or the beta
          version; we need our project to launch ASAP, so we went with the
          current live version and will amend our code when the new version
          launches, so it's surprising that you are telling me I should be
          using the new version, and not mentioning that it isn't live yet?

          RE my key, "Here is your license key for Advertiser Web Services", so
          no clues at to which version it's for.