What's the search marketing request URL? Where's the documentation?

  • justin.evans_theslice
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 9, 2006
      Hi

      I'd like to write some code to post XML to the search marketing web
      service; however I can't find the URL I need to post my XML to?

      I've searched online, however documentation on the search marketing
      service seems to be light?

      Also is a anything available listing the parameters required for each
      operation?

      Any help would be much appreciated.

      Justin
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 9, 2006
        Hey Justin,

        Are you referring to the current DTCXML API? If so, please send a
        request to dtcxml-help@... and they can provide the
        documentation you are requesting.

        The production endpoint for DTCXML is:
        https://x-secure.overture.com/index.jhtml?_DARGS=/index.jhtml

        The sandbox is:
        https://x-secure-test.overture.com/index.jhtml?_DARGS=/index.jhtml

        Best of luck,
        -Y!SM Monkey

        justin.evans_theslice wrote:
        > Hi
        >
        > I'd like to write some code to post XML to the search marketing web
        > service; however I can't find the URL I need to post my XML to?
        >
        > I've searched online, however documentation on the search marketing
        > service seems to be light?
        >
        > Also is a anything available listing the parameters required for each
        > operation?
        >
        > Any help would be much appreciated.
        >
        > Justin
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • justin.evans_theslice
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 10, 2006
          Thank you, I've send them a message, no reply as yet.

          Can that information be found online anywhere? I'm finding it
          difficult to even get started!

          Now I'm posting XML to the endpoint addresses you've provided, and
          I'm getting back "Permission Denied". I've checked my credentials
          many times. Can you provide any light on this please?

          I'm posting:

          <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
          <DTCRequest xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
          xs:schemaLocation="urn:/ows/aws/1.2 https://x-
          secure.overture.com/schema/dtc/1.2/dtc_request.xsd"
          xmlns="urn:/ows/aws/1.2" username="="*****" password="*****"
          key="="*****">
          <Actions accountId="="*****">
          <GetMarketState searchTerm="my cat" maxCount="10" />
          </Actions>
          </DTCRequest>

          Any help would be much appreciated.

          Thanks

          Justin
        • justin.evans_theslice
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 10, 2006
            Sorry something went wrong with the text then, I'm sending:

            --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "justin.evans_theslice"

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 10, 2006
              Justin,

              Account-specific access issues should be directed at the same email
              address I noted before, or via your account mgmt contact if you have
              one. This list is intended to discuss development related issues.

              Please make sure your license key has the quota needed to make this call
              and that the accountId being used is owned by the uername/password
              specified.

              Thanks,
              -Y!SM Monkey

              justin.evans_theslice wrote:
              > Sorry something went wrong with the text then, I'm sending:
              >
              > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
              > <DTCRequest xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
              > xs:schemaLocation="urn:/ows/aws/1.2 https://x-
              > secure.overture.com/schema/dtc/1.2/dtc_request.xsd"
              > xmlns="urn:/ows/aws/1.2" username="*****" password="*****"
              > key="*****">
              > <Actions accountId="*****">
              > <GetMarketState searchTerm="my cat" maxCount="10" />
              > </Actions>
              > </DTCRequest>
              >
              > Thanks
              >
              > Justin
              >
              > --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "justin.evans_theslice"
              > <justin.evans@...> wrote:
              >> Thank you, I've send them a message, no reply as yet.
              >>
              >> Can that information be found online anywhere? I'm finding it
              >> difficult to even get started!
              >>
              >> Now I'm posting XML to the endpoint addresses you've provided, and
              >> I'm getting back "Permission Denied". I've checked my credentials
              >> many times. Can you provide any light on this please?
              >>
              >> I'm posting:
              >>
              >> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
              >> <DTCRequest xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
              >> xs:schemaLocation="urn:/ows/aws/1.2 https://x-
              >> secure.overture.com/schema/dtc/1.2/dtc_request.xsd"
              >> xmlns="urn:/ows/aws/1.2" username="*****" password="*****"
              >> key="="*****">
              >> <Actions accountId="*****">
              >> <GetMarketState searchTerm="my cat" maxCount="10" />
              >> </Actions>
              >> </DTCRequest>
              >>
              >> Any help would be much appreciated.
              >>
              >> Thanks
              >>
              >> Justin
              >>

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • jdbov
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 12, 2007
                I am also attempting this for my first time. I have two prototypes
                going. Both are using PHP. One is using a modified version of the
                sample2.php downloaded from this board. The other is using a modified
                version from the downloaded example in the SDK zip file. My thread
                "dtc_xml" describes the issues I have with using the sample2.php file.

                I have modified the file from the SDK to append the request to the URL
                for the service using the example in the PDF file (page 20). The only
                error I get with that is a missing "<" for a start tag. I reviewed it
                and I don't appear to be missing any brackets.

                Here is my request url (carriage returns added for compactness):

                https://x-secure.overture.com/index.jhtml?_DARGS=/index.jhtml
                %20Content-Type%3A%20application%2Fx-www-form-urlencoded%3B
                %20charset%3DUTF-8%3C%3Fxml%20version%3D%221.0%22%20encoding
                %3D%22UTF-8%22%3F%3E%20%3CDTCRequest%20username%3D%22
                xxxxx%22%20password%3D%22xxxxx%22%20key
                %3D%22xxxxxxxxx%22%20xmlns%3D%22urn%3A%2Fows%2Faws
                %2F1.2%22%20xmlns%3Axs%3D%22http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org
                %2F2001%2FXMLSchema-instance%22%20xs%3AschemaLocation%3D%22
                urn%3A%2Fows%2Faws%2F1.2%20https%3A%2F%2Fx-secure.overture.com
                %2Fschema%2Fdtc%2F1.2%2Fdtc_request.xsd%22%3E%20%3CActions%3E
                %20%3CGetReport%3E%20%3CSearchTermActivityDetail%20beginDate%3D
                %222006-01-20%22%20endDate%3D%222007-01-12%22%20searchTerm%3D
                %22trays%22%20querySource%3D%221%22%2F%3E%20%3C%2FGetReport%3E
                %20%3C%2FActions%3E%20%3C%2FDTCRequest
                %3E&_D:/go2/xml/XMLRequestHandler.submit=

                I don't discount in anyway that this could be incorrect or the
                incorrect method. I feel I am getting close but am not quite there yet.
              • jdbov
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 12, 2007
                  Here is the code that is giving me the missing start tag bracket error.

                  $xml = rawurlencode("<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?>");
                  $xml .= rawurlencode(" <DTCRequest username=\"webwise_developer\"
                  password=\"bwiser05\" key=\"1073683189\" xmlns=\"urn:/ows/aws/1.2\"
                  xmlns:xs=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance\"
                  xs:schemaLocation=\"urn:/ows/aws/1.2
                  https://x-secure.overture.com/schema/dtc/1.2/dtc_request.xsd\">");
                  $xml .= rawurlencode(" <Actions> <GetReport>
                  <SearchTermActivityDetail beginDate=\"2006-01-20\"
                  endDate=\"2007-01-12\" searchTerm=\"trays\" querySource=\"1\"/>
                  </GetReport> </Actions> </DTCRequest>");
                  $xml .= "&_D:/go2/xml/XMLRequestHandler.submit=";

                  }
                  else{
                  $xml = file_get_contents($service[$_REQUEST['type']].$q);
                  }
                  // Parse the XML and check it for errors
                  if (!$dom = domxml_open_mem($xml,DOMXML_LOAD_PARSING,$error)) {
                  echo "XML parse error\n";
                  foreach ($error as $errorline) {
                  /* For production use this should obviously be logged to a file
                  instead */
                  echo $errorline['errormessage']."<br />\n";
                  echo " Node : " . $errorline['nodename'] . "<br />\n";
                  echo " Line : " . $errorline['line'] . "<br />\n";
                  echo " Column : " . $errorline['col'] . "<br />\n";
                  }
                  done();
                  }
                • jdbov
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 24, 2007
                    --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "Yahoo! Search Marketing
                    Monkey" <plummerm@...> wrote:
                    > If so, please send a
                    > request to dtcxml-help@... and they can provide the
                    > documentation you are requesting.

                    Is anyone administering this "help" email? I sent a message in an
                    attempt to figure out what I am doing wrong and have not gotten any
                    answers. To re-iterate, I am trying to use the php script in the
                    download section here on this group to create reports on our bids and
                    positions for our clients' ad-words. I only get a "permission denied"
                    response using our login and pswd and the only char string that we are
                    aware of in our accounts that is client specific. That is the 10
                    digit number that follows each account name in the admin area. I am
                    quite confused and feel that the lack of information on this is a odd.

                    Thank you,
                    Jim