setGeographicLocationForCampaign issues

  • lhlips
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2006
      We are calling the setGeographicLocationForCampaign function and most
      of the time (say 8 out of 10) I get an error message of "An unexpected
      error has occurred. Please try again".

      On a few occations (say 2 out of 10) we get back a response with
      ambiguous matches and setSucceeded being equal to false. We then
      change the location to one of the ambiguous matches (i.e. New York,
      NY, United States) and resend but get back the "An unexpected error
      has occurred. Please try again" message.

      We are sending the following XML each time (campaignID x'd out):

      <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <ns4:setGeographicLocationForCampaign>
      <ns4:campaignID>xxxxx</ns4:campaignID>
      <ns4:geoStrings>
      <ns4:item>New York</ns4:item>
      </ns4:geoStrings>
      </ns4:setGeographicLocationForCampaign>
      </SOAP-ENV:Body>

      We get back the following:

      <yns:ApiFault xmlns:yns="http://marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/V1">
      <yns:code
      xmlns:yns="http://marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/V1">E1002</yns:code>
      <yns:message
      xmlns:yns="http://marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/V1">An unexpected error
      has occurred. Please try again.</yns:message>
      </yns:ApiFault>
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 29, 2006
        We've replicated the error on our end as well. This will be fixed, but
        I cannot provide an ETA at this time.

        Thanks,
        -Y!SM Monkey