Re: [yws-searchmarketing] Error adding WSDL Web References in .net 2.0

    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 31, 2006
      Please do not use the WSDLs in the portal. You should only use the WSDL
      served by the service you are interested in.

      http://ysm.techportal.searchmarketing.yahoo.com/blog.asp?ID=15

      Thanks,
      -Y!SM Monkey

      acronym_media wrote:
      > Whenever I add a web reference to a WSDL location for instance,
      > http://ysm.techportal.searchmarketing.yahoo.com/docs/wsdl/V1/AdGroupSer
      > vice.wsdl
      > I get the following error in the WebServices found at this URL box:
      > There was an error
      > downloading 'http://ysm.techportal.searchmarketing.yahoo.com/docs/wsdl/
      > V1/AdGroupService.wsdl'.
      >
      > The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseHeader
      > Detail=CR must be followed by LF
      >
      > It locates the Methods and shows them in the browser but it does not
      > let me add the reference because of this error.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Kayode
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • acronym_media
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1, 2006
        Oh ok, the sandbox locationservice wsdl reference works, what is the
        location service wsdl for the active environment?
        --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "Yahoo! Search Marketing

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 1, 2006
          I don't understand what you mean...

          acronym_media wrote:
          > Oh ok, the sandbox locationservice wsdl reference works, what is the
          > location service wsdl for the active environment?
          > --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "Yahoo! Search Marketing
          > Monkey" <plummerm@...> wrote:
          >> Please do not use the WSDLs in the portal. You should only use
          > the WSDL
          >> served by the service you are interested in.
          >>
          >> http://ysm.techportal.searchmarketing.yahoo.com/blog.asp?ID=15
          >>
          >> Thanks,
          >> -Y!SM Monkey
          >>
          >> acronym_media wrote:
          >>> Whenever I add a web reference to a WSDL location for instance,
          >>>
          > http://ysm.techportal.searchmarketing.yahoo.com/docs/wsdl/V1/AdGroupS
          > er
          >>> vice.wsdl
          >>> I get the following error in the WebServices found at this URL
          > box:
          >>> There was an error
          >>>
          > downloading 'http://ysm.techportal.searchmarketing.yahoo.com/docs/wsd
          > l/
          >>> V1/AdGroupService.wsdl'.
          >>>
          >>> The server committed a protocol violation.
          > Section=ResponseHeader
          >>> Detail=CR must be followed by LF
          >>>
          >>> It locates the Methods and shows them in the browser but it does
          > not
          >>> let me add the reference because of this error.
          >>>
          >>> Thanks,
          >>> Kayode
          >>>

          >>> Yahoo! Groups Links

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • acronym_media
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 1, 2006
            If
            https://sandbox.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/LocationServi
            ce?
            is the wsdl for the LocationService that for the sandbox, what is
            the wsdl for the LocationService for my real account? I am also
            getting the same reflection error as the guy that just posted when I
            access the sandbox LocationService by adding a Web Reference,
            however it seems to work when I use the EWSService file. I would
            need to add the actual references as I would be using other services
            that aren't defined in the EWSService file.

            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 1, 2006
              The production web services are not yet available, as we have not
              launched the new platform. This means the location of the production
              WSDLs is not available.

              We'll work on generating a new EWSService.cs file that includes all
              possible services. For a future upgrade, we hope to make our WSDLs
              integrate better with .NET.

              Stay tuned, and check the portal often.

              -Y!SM Monkey

            • vchacon911
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 1, 2006
                Do you have any documentation on what is not working in .NET?

                The reason I need to use the Web reference is because our application
                is in VB.NET and my concern is that building the service proxy will
                not match when it was built using c#. The file size alone for
                the .VB file is huge. Will you be building a .VB service proxy file?

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 1, 2006
                  http://ysm.techportal.searchmarketing.yahoo.com/docs/sample_code/net.asp

                  http://ysm.techportal.searchmarketing.yahoo.com/blog.asp?ID=19

                  The README in the bundle linked to in the announcement has more
                  information. This is all that is currently available.

                  -Y!SM Monkey

                • acronym_media
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 15, 2006
                    Hi, just checking to see if the new EWSService file was created yet
                    to include the reporting services.
                    Thanks
                    Monkey" <plummerm@...> wrote:

                    > The production web services are not yet available, as we have not
                    > launched the new platform. This means the location of the
                    production
                    > WSDLs is not available.
                    >
                    > We'll work on generating a new EWSService.cs file that includes
                    all
                    > possible services. For a future upgrade, we hope to make our
                    WSDLs
                    > integrate better with .NET.
                    >
                    > Stay tuned, and check the portal often.
                    >
                    > -Y!SM Monkey
                    >
                    > acronym_media wrote:
                    > > If

                    https://sandbox.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services/V1/LocationServi
                    > > ce?
                    > > is the wsdl for the LocationService that for the sandbox, what
                    is
                    > > the wsdl for the LocationService for my real account? I am also
                    > > getting the same reflection error as the guy that just posted
                    when I
                    > > access the sandbox LocationService by adding a Web Reference,
                    > > however it seems to work when I use the EWSService file. I
                    would
                    > > need to add the actual references as I would be using other
                    services
                    > > that aren't defined in the EWSService file.
                    > > --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "Yahoo! Search
                    Marketing
                    > > Monkey" <plummerm@> wrote:
                    > >> I don't understand what you mean...

                    > > the
                    > > Marketing

                    > > instance,

                    http://ysm.techportal.searchmarketing.yahoo.com/docs/wsdl/V1/AdGroupS
                    URL

                    downloading 'http://ysm.techportal.searchmarketing.yahoo.com/docs/wsd

                    > > does

                    > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • don.frazier
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 3, 2006
                      Hi group ... New .Net developer here. I have found the .Net
                      workaround bundle in the download sections and have incorporated it
                      into my project to get underway.

                      Is there any word on when the production wsdls will be updated so I
                      can generate my own classes from them?