Re: campaignOptimization is Read-Only but must be set

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 19, 2006
      --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "Yahoo! Search Marketing
      Monkey" <plummerm@...> wrote:

      > This is a bug in the current sandbox; you cannot turn optimization on
      > after the campaign is created. The next launch (schedule TBD; expect
      > some communication around this soon) will provide a fix. Please hang
      > tight until then.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > -Y!SM Monkey
      >
      > Michael wrote:
      > > When trying to run the command: getCampaignOptimizationGuidelines I
      > > receive an error (E1002) and I believe that this is due to the fact
      > > that campaignOptimizationON is set to false. The problem is that this
      > > is a read-only value, and I'm not sure how to turn it on.
      > >
      > > I have successfully added guidelines using
      > > setCampaignOptimizationGuidelines, which unfortunately returns no
      > > response, but seems to be working.
      > >
      > > Any idea how one goes about turning on campaignOptimizationON?

      So I just need to create campaigns with it turned on from the start?
    • Michael
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 19, 2006
        --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <mylesmg@...> wrote:

        > --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "Yahoo! Search Marketing
        > Monkey" <plummerm@> wrote:
        > >
        > > This is a bug in the current sandbox; you cannot turn optimization on
        > > after the campaign is created. The next launch (schedule TBD; expect
        > > some communication around this soon) will provide a fix. Please hang
        > > tight until then.
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > > -Y!SM Monkey
        > >
        > > Michael wrote:
        > > > When trying to run the command: getCampaignOptimizationGuidelines I
        > > > receive an error (E1002) and I believe that this is due to the fact
        > > > that campaignOptimizationON is set to false. The problem is that
        this
        > > > is a read-only value, and I'm not sure how to turn it on.
        > > >
        > > > I have successfully added guidelines using
        > > > setCampaignOptimizationGuidelines, which unfortunately returns no
        > > > response, but seems to be working.
        > > >
        > > > Any idea how one goes about turning on campaignOptimizationON?
        > >
        > So I just need to create campaigns with it turned on from the start?

        Ok, well I answered that one myself, but I see the bigger problem that
        the optimizationGuidelines cannot be retrieved. Here is my query that
        returns an E1002:

        <getOptimizationGuidelinesForCampaign
        xmlns="http://marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/V1"><campaignID>xxxxxxxxxx</campaignID></getOptimizationGuidelinesForCampaign>

        Let me know if they cannot be retrieved at all, as setting them still
        returns no error.
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 19, 2006
          There is probably an issue with the guidelines that were set. Can you
          please post the XML for the *set* request that created the guidelines?

          Thanks,
          -Y!SM Monkey

          > Ok, well I answered that one myself, but I see the bigger problem that
          > the optimizationGuidelines cannot be retrieved. Here is my query that
          > returns an E1002:
          >
          > <getOptimizationGuidelinesForCampaign
          > xmlns="http://marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/V1"><campaignID>xxxxxxxxxx</campaignID></getOptimizationGuidelinesForCampaign>
          >
          > Let me know if they cannot be retrieved at all, as setting them still
          > returns no error.
        • Michael
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 19, 2006
            [debug] Creating proxy
            [debug] Calling operation: setOptimizationGuidelinesForCampaign
            [debug] Request
            [debug]
            POST /services/V1/CampaignService HTTP/1.0
            Host: sandbox.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com

            xmlns:ns8158="http://testuri.com"><SOAP-ENV:Header>
            <username>xxxxxxxxxx</username>
            <password>xxxxxxxxxx</password>
            <useragent>Yahoo Search Marketing PHP Agent for Enterprise Web
            <masterAccountID>xxxxxxxxxx</masterAccountID>
            <accountID>xxxxxxxxxx</accountID>
            </SOAP-ENV:Header>
            <SOAP-ENV:Body>
            <setOptimizationGuidelinesForCampaign
            xmlns="http://marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/V1">
            <optimizationGuidelines>
            <CPA xsi:nil="true" xsi:type="xsd:float"/>
            <CPC>0.1</CPC>
            <CPM>0.01</CPM>
            <ROAS xsi:nil="true" xsi:type="xsd:float"/>
            <accountID xsi:nil="true" xsi:type="xsd:string"/>
            <averageConversionRate xsi:nil="true" xsi:type="xsd:float"/>
            <averageRevenuePerConversion xsi:nil="true" xsi:type="xsd:float"/>
            <campaignID>8785001</campaignID>
            <conversionMetric>None</conversionMetric>
            <impressionImportance>None</impressionImportance>
            <leadImportance>None</leadImportance>
            <maxBid>5</maxBid>
            <monthlySpendRate xsi:nil="true" xsi:type="xsd:float"/>
            <sponsoredSearchMinPosition xsi:nil="true" xsi:type="xsd:int"/>
            <taggedForConversion>false</taggedForConversion>
            <taggedForRevenue>false</taggedForRevenue>
            </optimizationGuidelines>
            </setOptimizationGuidelinesForCampaign>
            </SOAP-ENV:Body>
            </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

            [debug] Response
            [debug]
            HTTP/1.1 200 OK
            Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
            Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 18:15:41 GMT

            <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><soap:Envelope
            <soap:Header>
            <yns:remainingQuota
            xmlns:yns="http://marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/V1">967</yns:remainingQuota>
            <yns:commandGroup
            xmlns:yns="http://marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/V1">Marketing</yns:commandGroup>
            <yns:timeTakenMillis
            xmlns:yns="http://marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/V1">105</yns:timeTakenMillis>
            </soap:Header>
            <soap:Body>
            <setOptimizationGuidelinesForCampaignResponse
            xmlns="http://marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/V1"
            /></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>