how can i get campaign's stats? (conversions, clicks, etc.)

  • Ilye
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 21, 2010
      I retrieved a campaign from the marketing api, but it doesn't contain any data about stats of the campaign.

      I used

      getCampaignsByAccountID from CampaignService.

      I'm using JAVA API

      com.yahoo.apis:ews_stubs:7.0.0

      Any help would be nice!

      Thanks in advance

      Best

      Emanuel
    • Joshua J. Kugler
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 21, 2010
        On Thursday 21 October 2010, Ilye elucidated thus:
        > I retrieved a campaign from the marketing api, but it doesn't contain
        > any data about stats of the campaign.
        >
        > I used
        >
        > getCampaignsByAccountID from CampaignService.
        >
        > I'm using JAVA API
        >
        > com.yahoo.apis:ews_stubs:7.0.0
        >

        > Any help would be nice!

        Unlike Google Adwords, there is no "campaign stats" call. You have to
        run a report, pull the report, and extract the information from there.

        Joshua Kugler
        Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
        http://www.eeinternet.com - Fairbanks, AK
        PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0x73B13B6A
      • reedpowell
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2010
          Unless this is an international account, you want to be using the AdCenter API not the EWS API. All three engines provide the performance stats the same way - via their respective reporting APIs. Plenty of examples of SOAP XML requests on the Microsoft site for the AdCenter API.
        • Ilye
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 4, 2010
            Thank you both for answer,

            I execute the CampaignSummary report from ReportService and it only gave me this stats

            <report name="Prueba" dateStart="2010-01-01-0800" dateEnd="2010-10-21-0700" booksClosed="false" createDate="2010-10-21T13:59:42.129-0700">
            <sort columnName="cmpgnID" direction="ASC" sequenceNum="1" />

            <filter columnName="acctID" operator="EQUALS" value="21067212344" /><totals><analytics numImpr="70530" numClick="83095" ctr="55216.0" cpc="87252.0" cost="94600.0"/></totals>
            <row cmpgnID="0" accountName="acct-name-0" ccountID="account-id-0" cmpgnName="cmpgn-name-0"><analytics numImpr="0" numClick="0" ctr="0.0" cpc="0.0" cost="0.0"/></row>

            </report>

            but the API documentation's said that CampaignSummary report will give me more than those stats fields (numImpr, numClick, ctr, cpc, cost)

            http://developer.searchmarketing.yahoo.com/docs/V7/reference/reportDetails.php#CampaignSummary

            all the executions was running in a sandbox environment

            code (written in groovy)

            BasicReportService basicReportService = serviceLocator.getBasicReportService()

            BasicReportRequest reportRequest = new BasicReportRequest(reportName:"Test", dateRange:DateRange.YearToDate,reportType:BasicReportType.CampaignSummary)

            FileOutputFormat fileOutputFormart = new FileOutputFormat(fileOutputType:FileOutputType.XML, zipped:false)

            def reportID = basicReportService.addReportRequest("21067212344",reportRequest, fileOutputFormart)

            def result1 = basicReportService.getReportDownloadUrl(reportID)

            The sandbox environment could be a problem?

            Thanks in advance

            Best