BasicReportService V7 in Java - Service_URL

  • muzu2468
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 21, 2010
      Can anyone tell me what the endpoint url is for BasicReportService V7?

      Support tells me I have to use the ServiceLocator to find it? Is that correct? Isn't there a direct path?

      Whatever I tried so far comes back with a 503(Service Unavailable) error
    • Joshua J. Kugler
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 21, 2010
        On Wednesday 21 July 2010, muzu2468 elucidated thus:
        > Can anyone tell me what the endpoint url is for BasicReportService
        > V7?
        >
        > Support tells me I have to use the ServiceLocator to find it? Is that
        > correct? Isn't there a direct path?
        >
        > Whatever I tried so far comes back with a 503(Service Unavailable)
        > error

        Per the documentation, you must login via the ServiceLocator to find the
        server to use for the rest of your calls.

        The url:
        http://developer.searchmarketing.yahoo.com/docs/V7/wsdl/V7LocationService.wsdl

        will get you the WSDL for the service locator. Then a call to
        getMasterAccountLocation() with the proper credential headers will get
        the URL prefix to use for the other calls.

        Joshua Kugler
        Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
        http://www.eeinternet.com
        PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0x73B13B6A
      • muzu2468
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 22, 2010
          Thanks for the reply and trying to help.
          As I could not find a sample report in java on Yahoo, I found and downloaded the program 'BasicReportServiceDemo.java' from Koders.com and am trying to make it work. I also have 'EWSConfigurator.java', 'EWSUtil.java', 'ServiceLocator.java' and 'ewsconfig.properties'. It all compiles cleanly on my PC (Eclipse) but get runtime erros.

          I downloaded the class library 'com.yahoo.sm.ws.client' which contains all the classes needed for 'BasicReportServicesDemo'. This library has classes such as 'BasicReportServiceServiceLocator',
          'LocationServiceServiceLocator'.
          Do I have the right class library? Is it perhaps not V7? I don't really care which version as long as I can run a 'AdKeywordSummary' report.

          As I am a newbie using java for Web Services, any help would be tremendously appreciated.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 22, 2010
            Sorry, I can't help with language specific questions...all my experience
            with Yahoo's EWS has been via Python.

            My call looks like this:

            login() # which sets the auth header
            # and gets the server via LocationService

            report_id = BasicReportService.addReportRequest(None,
            {'reportName':'TestReport',
            'reportType':'CampaignSummaryByDay',
            'startDate':last_month.strftime('%Y-%m-01T00:00:00:00') + tz,
            'endDate':last_month.strftime('%Y-%m-%dT00:00:00:00')+tz},
            {'zipped':False, 'fileOutputType':'XML'})

            I hope that helps...some. :)

            On Thursday 22 July 2010, muzu2468 elucidated thus: