Enterprise Web Services Version 6.0 Sandbox Has Launched

  • mcnealysm
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2009

      In the fourth quarter of 2009, Yahoo! Search Marketing is planning to launch a new version of the Enterprise Web Services (EWS) Marketing API. EWS Version 6.0 is a major version release and includes features that are backward-incompatible. EWS Version 6.0 has been released to the EWS sandbox.

      What Do I Need to Do?
      We suggest that you first experiment with Version 6.0 in the EWS sandbox, make any required changes to your client application and test your implementation. Then, be ready to switch over to production when the product release is ready.

      About this Release
      •    EWS Version 6.0 has been released to the EWS sandbox.
      •    The production release will occur approximately 30 days after the sandbox release.
      •    While EWS Version 5.x.x will continue to be available in production for 120 days after EWS Version 6.0 is released, we recommend that you switch to Version 6.0 as soon as possible.
      •    EWS Version 5.x.x will not be available after the 120-day transition period ends.
      •    This release is backward-incompatible. To take advantage of the new features, you will need to re-compile your code against Version 6.0 WSDLs.

      New Features
      The new features and changes in EWS Version 6.0 are summarized below.

      Profile APIs Added for Network Distribution
      •    EWS APIs will allow setting network distribution using targeting service. In this release, profile APIs (typed APIs) will be available. Please note that framework APIs to support network distribution is already available in EWS v5.2.
      •    The network distribution feature is currently available in AU market, which includes Australia and New Zealand. It is tentatively scheduled for availability in the U.S. market in early Q1 2010
      •    For more information about Network Distribution, please visit our documentation here.

      Domain Blocking in Japan (JP) Market
      •    Domain Blocking is now available in JP Market. See AccountService .

      Reporting APIs
      •    A new API getBooksClosedTime is introduced that will provide advertisers with the Books Closed Date and Time for a given report.
      •    The APIs used to retrieve reports have changed. See Section below on Changes to Services.
      •    The Targeting Reports will now have Conversion Metrics by default.

      Changes to Services

      Removed Services
           UpgradeService

      Changes to BasicReportService

      Following are changes to the BasicReportService

           New Operations
                addReportRequest
                getReportDownloadUrl
                getReportDownloadUrls
                getBooksClosedTime

           Removed Operations
                addReportRequestForAccountID
                addReportRequestWithAccountAggregation
                getReportOutputUrl
                getReportOutputUrls

           New Data Objects
               ReportDownloadInfo

      New Operations and Modified Data Objects

      Please refer to EWS v6.0 release notes to get the full list of new operations and data objects added in EWS v6.0

      http://developer.searchmarketing.yahoo.com/docs/changelog.php

      Questions?
      For more information about our versioning process, please read our Versioning FAQs. If you have further questions, please contact your Technical Solutions Manager or visit our support page here.