Enterprise Web Services Version 6.0 Coming Soon

  • mcnealysm
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2009

      Yahoo! Search Marketing is planning to launch a new version of the Enterprise Web Services (EWS) Marketing API in the next 60 days. EWS Version 6.0 will be a major version release, and includes features that are backward-incompatible.

      About this Release

      EWS Version 6.0 is expected to be released to the EWS sandbox early fourth quarter of 2009.

      The production release will occur approximately 30 days after the sandbox release.

      While EWS Version 5.x.x will continue to be available in production for 90 days after EWS Version 6.0 is released, we recommend that you switch to Version 6.0 as soon as possible.

      This release is backward-incompatible. To take advantage of the new features, you will need to re-compile your code against Version 6.0 WSDLs.

      New Features — Network Distribution
      Using Network Distribution, advertisers may set up campaigns or ad groups targeted to Yahoo! Search, Yahoo! Partners, or both. See: TargetingService. If advertisers choose to set up a campaign at Entire Network (i.e., both Yahoo! Search and Yahoo! Partners), they have the ability to fine-tune their bids by providing Discounts/Premiums on the Yahoo! Partners.

      EWS APIs will allow setting Network Distribution using targeting service. In this release, profile APIs (typed APIs) will be available. Please note that framework APIs to support Network Distribution is already available in EWS v5.2.

      APIs will provide you with the flexibility to discount lesser yield traffic and add premiums for the traffic with better ROIs.

      The Network Distribution feature is currently available in AU market, which includes Australia and New Zealand. It is tentatively scheduled for availability in the U.S. market in early Q1 2010.

      What Do I Need to Do?
      We suggest that you first experiment with Version 6.0 in the EWS sandbox when available, make any required changes to your client application, and test your implementation. Then, be ready to switch over to production when the product release is ready. Look for more detailed updates regarding this release soon.

      Questions?
      For more information about our versioning process, please read our Versioning FAQs. If you have further questions, please contact your Technical Solutions Manager or visit our support page here.