setGeographicLocationForCampaign substitute?

  • deraider
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 22, 2009
      EWS Version 5.0.0 removed setGeographicLocationForCampaign method. We used it in our project. What methods should we use now to substitute it?
    • mcnealysm
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 31, 2009
        EWS Version 5.0.0 exposes two sets of interfaces to manage targeting (geo targeting & much more) at the campaign level. The first set of interfaces allow managing targeting in a "generic" way - using "targeting ids". The second set allows managing targeting via specific "typed" TargetingProfile objects which encapsulate multiple targeting definitions.

        Please read the following documentation for details :
        1. Targeting Service - A new service (since Version 5.0.0) that can be used to manage targeting : http://developer.searchmarketing.yahoo.com/docs/V5/gsg/TargetingService.php
        2. Targeting Service Overview - Help to get started using the TargetigService : http://developer.searchmarketing.yahoo.com/docs/V5/reference/services/TargetingService.php