Re: BasicReportService API Help

  • mcnealysm
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 27, 2009
      Yahoo! EWS provides multiple interfaces to do just what you want :

      Bulk downloads:
      The best match for your requirement is EWS' BulkService that allows downloading all your campaigns as a CSV or EXCEL or XML file.

      Documentation: http://developer.searchmarketing.yahoo.com/docs/V5/reference/services/BulkService.php.
      The sample code for this service is available in Java & Perl : BulkService.downloadAccount

      Use this flow:
      - Use CampaignService.getCampaignsByAccountID to get your campaigns
      - Use AdGroupService.getAdGroupsByCampaignID to get the ad groups of each of these campaigns
      - Use KeywordService.getKeywordsByAdGroupID to get the keywords of each of these ad groups

      Sample code for similar APIs is available in multiple languages here : http://developer.searchmarketing.yahoo.com//docs/V5/sample_code/index.php

      Depending on your use case, you might also find the BasicReportService.addReportRequestForAccountID useful (KeywordSummary & KeywordSummaryByDay reports).

      --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "lamberm13" <lamberm13@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I currently have to log in to the Yahoo interface every day to download a keyword report that I then manually import into my MySQL database in order to provide better reporting information. I stumbled upon the API and tried to get the service working on my Apache/PHP/Windows environment (eventually will move to production Linux server). I was wondering if there is a way for me to grab the data automatically and import it using the EWS function. I haven't been able to get that to work, and haven't found any sample code to help. Is there anyone that could help me with this? I'm willing to pay for help. I'm just lost on this.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Mike

    • Shevnock, Daniel
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 27, 2009

        I have tried using the bulk download feature in the past but ran into the problem that we did not have a large enough bulk download quota to successfully download the entire account structure. Is there a quota limit still in place? If so, is that quota large enough for us to download our entire account structure including one account, 70’ish campaigns, 10,000+ adgroups, and 326,000+ keywords?

        Thanks in advance!

        Daniel Shevnock

        Software Engineer

        Direct:  248.370.6624

        3271 Five Points Drive, Suite 200
        Auburn Hills, Michigan 48326
        Ph: 888.535.2277, ext. 6624
        Fax: 248.370.6601

        www.autocreditexpress.net

        Our Products & Services:
        LotPro Software
        Auto Sales Leads
        Sub Prime Training
        Direct Mail
        Bankruptcy Mailer Kit
        Marketing Signage

        This message and any attachments contain information, which may be confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information. Please be aware that such actions are prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, kindly delete it.  We appreciate your cooperation.

        P Please consider our environment before printing this e-mail or its attachments--thank you!

        Yahoo! EWS provides multiple interfaces to do just what you want :

        Bulk downloads:
        The best match for your requirement is EWS' BulkService that allows downloading all your campaigns as a CSV or EXCEL or XML file.

        Documentation: http://developer. searchmarketing. yahoo.com/ docs/V5/referenc e/services/ BulkService. php.
        The sample code for this service is available in Java & Perl : BulkService. downloadAccount

        Use this flow:
        - Use CampaignService. getCampaignsByAc countID to get your campaigns
        - Use AdGroupService. getAdGroupsByCam paignID to get the ad groups of each of these campaigns
        - Use KeywordService. getKeywordsByAdG roupID to get the keywords of each of these ad groups

        Sample code for similar APIs is available in multiple languages here : http://developer. searchmarketing. yahoo.com/ /docs/V5/ sample_code/ index.php

        Depending on your use case, you might also find the BasicReportService. addReportRequest ForAccountID useful (KeywordSummary & KeywordSummaryByDay reports).

        --- In yws-searchmarketing @yahoogroups. com, "lamberm13" <lamberm13@. ..> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I currently have to log in to the Yahoo interface every day to download a
        keyword report that I then manually import into my MySQL database in order to provide better reporting information. I stumbled upon the API and tried to get the service working on my Apache/PHP/Windows environment (eventually will move to production Linux server). I was wondering if there is a way for me to grab the data automatically and import it using the EWS function. I haven't been able to get that to work, and haven't found any sample code to help. Is there anyone that could help me with this? I'm willing to pay for help. I'm just lost on this.

        > Thanks,
        > Mike

      • Shevnock, Daniel