Re: [.NET] AddReportRequestForAccountId Problem : "ReportType is missing"

  • danoceansideten
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 16, 2009
      --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "fmeriot" <fmeriot@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      > I've got a problem with this method which return a "Parameter
      > ReportType is missing" error.
      >
      > I'am using the .NET framework 2.0 and I have run the WSDL.EXE to
      > compile the proxy dll for de service.
      >
      > Here is the code I'am using :
      >
      > Dim myreportparam As New BasicReportRequest()
      > myreportparam.reportType = BasicReportType.AdSummary
      > myreportparam.reportName = "Test"
      > _basicReportService.addReportRequestForAccountID(_accountId,
      > myreportparam)

      i also get the same error. Anybody have a fix for this?
    • danoceansideten
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 22, 2009
        --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "danoceansideten" <danoceansideten@...> wrote:

        > --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "fmeriot" <fmeriot@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello,
        > > I've got a problem with this method which return a "Parameter
        > > ReportType is missing" error.
        > >
        > > I'am using the .NET framework 2.0 and I have run the WSDL.EXE to
        > > compile the proxy dll for de service.
        > >
        > > Here is the code I'am using :
        > >
        > > Dim myreportparam As New BasicReportRequest()
        > > myreportparam.reportType = BasicReportType.AdSummary
        > > myreportparam.reportName = "Test"
        > > _basicReportService.addReportRequestForAccountID(_accountId,
        > > myreportparam)
        > >

        > i also get the same error. Anybody have a fix for this?

        Ok through trial and error a coworker discovered that the bool properties of the BasicReportRequest object need to be set to true:

        request.reportTypeSpecified = true;

        and if you use a date range instead of setting dates individually with startdate, enddate then you need to also set:

        request.dateRangeSpecified = true;

        Additionally when you download the report you will also need to set these:

        FileOutputFormat format = new FileOutputFormat();
        format.fileOutputTypeSpecified = true;
        format.zippedSpecified = true;

        Unfortunately, Yahoo isn't watching these message boards and doesnt exactly support .NET users it seems. Their API documentation makes no mention of these bool properties.

        http://developer.searchmarketing.yahoo.com/docs/V5/reference/data/BasicReportRequest.php