Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Which method to get costs associated with campaign

Expand Messages
  • kenhat92
    Things just got much better for me...I found this. Don t know how I missed it before.
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 12, 2009
    • 0 Attachment
      Things just got much better for me...I found this. Don't know how I missed it before.

      http://developer.searchmarketing.yahoo.com/docs/V5/sample_code/codeview.php?type=pl&filename=yahoo_marketing_ews_client

      --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "kenhat92" <kenhat92@...> wrote:
      >
      > Thanks rp I appreciate the help.
      >
      > I've wasted an enormous amount of time trying to get the examples to work and have now placed my hopes on the Business::Yahoo module.
      >
      > I'm going to start a new thread since the subject on this one is no longer relevant.
      >
      > >
      > >
      > > > >
      > > > >
      > > > > Thanks rp_john2000. That helps. Now I have another issue.
      > > > >
      > > > > Looking at the BasicReportRequest data type it states that the minimum request period is 1 day. What I need is adword costs for the day in near real time. (once an hour)
      > > > >
      > > > > Any suggestions?
      > > > >
      > > >
      > > > There is a 'booksclosed' attribute to a report -- when booksclosed==true, then you know the info in the report is accurate. When booksclosed==false, there's no guarantees about completeness and accuracy. However, nothing stops you from downloading a report even when booksclosed==false. Maybe you can retain a snapshot of the report data in your application db, and when you pull down a new report you can compare the results with what you have stored from previous reports and reconcile in some way that makes sense to your application needs.
      > > >
      > >
      > > Thanks again rp. I'll give that a try. If I can get any of the methods to work that is...
      > >
      > > I'm trying the simplest call I can to make sure my syntax/format is correct but no luck so far.
      > >
      > > Would you mind looking at this and let me know what/if I'm doing anything wrong?
      > >
      > > use Yahoo::Marketing::BasicReportService;
      > >
      > > my $s = Yahoo::Marketing::BasicReportService->new;
      > > $s->username('username');
      > > $s->password('password');
      > > $s->master_account('m_acount');
      > > $s->account('acount');
      > > $s->license('license');
      > > $s->endpoint('https://sandbox.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services');
      > > $s->version('V5');
      > >
      > > # get available reports
      > > my $result = $s->addReportRequestWithAccountAggregation(
      > > # 'dateRange' => 'MonthToDate',
      > > 'endDate' => '2009-03-01T00:00:00-07:00',
      > > 'reportName' => 'Bob',
      > > 'reportType' => 'CampaignSummary',
      > > 'startDate' => '2009-02-01T00:00:00-07:00',
      > > );
      > > warn(Data::Dumper->new([$result], [qw/Result/])->Indent(1)->Dump);
      > >
      > > Here is what I get.
      > >
      > > kenhat: ./foo.pl
      > > SOAP FAULT!
      > >
      > > String: An internal error has occurred.
      > >
      > > Code: E1002
      > > Message: An internal error has occurred.
      > >
      > > at ./foo.pl line 17
      > >
      > > I'm obviously pissing the SOAP server off. I'd like to make amends..;)
      > >
      > > Thanks!
      > >
      >
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.