Re: Which method to get costs associated with campaign

  • kenhat92
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 11, 2009
      Should have mentioned that this is icw adword campaigns.

      --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "kenhat92" <kenhat92@...> wrote:

      > OK I'm a rookie. Just got me login today! Can't be anymore noob than that!
      >
      > I've been tasked to pull the costs associated with each campaign several times a day. I've read through the API's categories and methods without finding what I want.
      >
      > Can someone point me to the method I want?
      >
      > Thanks in advance
      > ken

    • rp_johns2000
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 11, 2009
        --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "kenhat92" <kenhat92@...> wrote:

        > Thanks rp_john2000. That helps. Now I have another issue.
        >
        > Looking at the BasicReportRequest data type it states that the minimum request period is 1 day. What I need is adword costs for the day in near real time. (once an hour)
        >
        > Any suggestions?

        There is a 'booksclosed' attribute to a report -- when booksclosed==true, then you know the info in the report is accurate. When booksclosed==false, there's no guarantees about completeness and accuracy. However, nothing stops you from downloading a report even when booksclosed==false. Maybe you can retain a snapshot of the report data in your application db, and when you pull down a new report you can compare the results with what you have stored from previous reports and reconcile in some way that makes sense to your application needs.
      • kenhat92
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 11, 2009

          > > Thanks rp_john2000. That helps. Now I have another issue.
          > >
          > > Looking at the BasicReportRequest data type it states that the minimum request period is 1 day. What I need is adword costs for the day in near real time. (once an hour)
          > >
          > > Any suggestions?
          > >

          > There is a 'booksclosed' attribute to a report -- when booksclosed==true, then you know the info in the report is accurate. When booksclosed==false, there's no guarantees about completeness and accuracy. However, nothing stops you from downloading a report even when booksclosed==false. Maybe you can retain a snapshot of the report data in your application db, and when you pull down a new report you can compare the results with what you have stored from previous reports and reconcile in some way that makes sense to your application needs.

          Thanks again rp. I'll give that a try. If I can get any of the methods to work that is...

          I'm trying the simplest call I can to make sure my syntax/format is correct but no luck so far.

          Would you mind looking at this and let me know what/if I'm doing anything wrong?

          use Yahoo::Marketing::BasicReportService;

          my $s = Yahoo::Marketing::BasicReportService->new;
          $s->username('username');
          $s->password('password');
          $s->master_account('m_acount');
          $s->account('acount');
          $s->license('license');
          $s->endpoint('https://sandbox.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services');
          $s->version('V5');

          # get available reports
          my $result = $s->addReportRequestWithAccountAggregation(
          # 'dateRange' => 'MonthToDate',
          'endDate' => '2009-03-01T00:00:00-07:00',
          'reportName' => 'Bob',
          'reportType' => 'CampaignSummary',
          'startDate' => '2009-02-01T00:00:00-07:00',
          );
          warn(Data::Dumper->new([$result], [qw/Result/])->Indent(1)->Dump);

          Here is what I get.

          kenhat: ./foo.pl
          SOAP FAULT!

          String: An internal error has occurred.

          Code: E1002
          Message: An internal error has occurred.

          at ./foo.pl line 17

          I'm obviously pissing the SOAP server off. I'd like to make amends..;)

          Thanks!
        • rp_johns2000
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 11, 2009
            --- In yws-searchmarketing@yahoogroups.com, "kenhat92" <kenhat92@...> wrote:

            > > > Thanks rp_john2000. That helps. Now I have another issue.
            > > >
            > > > Looking at the BasicReportRequest data type it states that the minimum request period is 1 day. What I need is adword costs for the day in near real time. (once an hour)
            > > >
            > > > Any suggestions?
            > > >

            > > There is a 'booksclosed' attribute to a report -- when booksclosed==true, then you know the info in the report is accurate. When booksclosed==false, there's no guarantees about completeness and accuracy. However, nothing stops you from downloading a report even when booksclosed==false. Maybe you can retain a snapshot of the report data in your application db, and when you pull down a new report you can compare the results with what you have stored from previous reports and reconcile in some way that makes sense to your application needs.
            > >

            > Thanks again rp. I'll give that a try. If I can get any of the methods to work that is...
            >
            > I'm trying the simplest call I can to make sure my syntax/format is correct but no luck so far.
            >
            > Would you mind looking at this and let me know what/if I'm doing anything wrong?
            >
            > use Yahoo::Marketing::BasicReportService;
            >
            > my $s = Yahoo::Marketing::BasicReportService->new;
            > $s->username('username');
            > $s->password('password');
            > $s->master_account('m_acount');
            > $s->account('acount');
            > $s->license('license');
            > $s->endpoint('https://sandbox.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services');
            > $s->version('V5');
            >
            > # get available reports
            > my $result = $s->addReportRequestWithAccountAggregation(
            > # 'dateRange' => 'MonthToDate',
            > 'endDate' => '2009-03-01T00:00:00-07:00',
            > 'reportName' => 'Bob',
            > 'reportType' => 'CampaignSummary',
            > 'startDate' => '2009-02-01T00:00:00-07:00',
            > );
            > warn(Data::Dumper->new([$result], [qw/Result/])->Indent(1)->Dump);
            >
            > Here is what I get.
            >
            > kenhat: ./foo.pl
            > SOAP FAULT!
            >
            > String: An internal error has occurred.
            >
            > Code: E1002
            > Message: An internal error has occurred.
            >
            > at ./foo.pl line 17
            >
            > I'm obviously pissing the SOAP server off. I'd like to make amends..;)
            >
            > Thanks!

            I'm using java bindings and yahoo 4.3 release. Since you're using pearl and yahoo 5.0 release, I recommend getting the pearl example progam working -- doing that will probably iron out most of the problems.
          • kenhat92
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 12, 2009
              Thanks rp I appreciate the help.

              I've wasted an enormous amount of time trying to get the examples to work and have now placed my hopes on the Business::Yahoo module.

              I'm going to start a new thread since the subject on this one is no longer relevant.

              > > > Thanks rp_john2000. That helps. Now I have another issue.
              > > >
              > > > Looking at the BasicReportRequest data type it states that the minimum request period is 1 day. What I need is adword costs for the day in near real time. (once an hour)
              > > >
              > > > Any suggestions?
              > > >

              > > There is a 'booksclosed' attribute to a report -- when booksclosed==true, then you know the info in the report is accurate. When booksclosed==false, there's no guarantees about completeness and accuracy. However, nothing stops you from downloading a report even when booksclosed==false. Maybe you can retain a snapshot of the report data in your application db, and when you pull down a new report you can compare the results with what you have stored from previous reports and reconcile in some way that makes sense to your application needs.
              > >

              > Thanks again rp. I'll give that a try. If I can get any of the methods to work that is...
              >
              > I'm trying the simplest call I can to make sure my syntax/format is correct but no luck so far.
              >
              > Would you mind looking at this and let me know what/if I'm doing anything wrong?
              >
              > use Yahoo::Marketing::BasicReportService;
              >
              > my $s = Yahoo::Marketing::BasicReportService->new;
              > $s->username('username');
              > $s->password('password');
              > $s->master_account('m_acount');
              > $s->account('acount');
              > $s->license('license');
              > $s->endpoint('https://sandbox.marketing.ews.yahooapis.com/services');
              > $s->version('V5');
              >
              > # get available reports
              > my $result = $s->addReportRequestWithAccountAggregation(
              > # 'dateRange' => 'MonthToDate',
              > 'endDate' => '2009-03-01T00:00:00-07:00',
              > 'reportName' => 'Bob',
              > 'reportType' => 'CampaignSummary',
              > 'startDate' => '2009-02-01T00:00:00-07:00',
              > );
              > warn(Data::Dumper->new([$result], [qw/Result/])->Indent(1)->Dump);
              >
              > Here is what I get.
              >
              > kenhat: ./foo.pl
              > SOAP FAULT!
              >
              > String: An internal error has occurred.
              >
              > Code: E1002
              > Message: An internal error has occurred.
              >
              > at ./foo.pl line 17
              >
              > I'm obviously pissing the SOAP server off. I'd like to make amends..;)
              >
              > Thanks!

            • kenhat92
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 12, 2009
                Things just got much better for me...I found this. Don't know how I missed it before.

                http://developer.searchmarketing.yahoo.com/docs/V5/sample_code/codeview.php?type=pl&filename=yahoo_marketing_ews_client