Yahoo Search API without any URL

  • aim_enjoy
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
      hi to all,

      i want to use yahoo search API sample given in SDK .But i dont have
      any valid URL till now.So is it possible to use it.

      Or any other alternative for it.Plz inform me as soon as possible....
      Thank u in advance...
    • Gerry Hicks
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
        as long as you have a valid yahoo ID obtain the yahoo key after you log in with your yahoo id. They will generate a key for you so you can use the API. you don't need a "webpage" per se if you are coding for an application.

        To: yws-search-general@yahoogroups.comFrom: aim_enjoy@...: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 08:07:12 +0000Subject: [yws-search-general] Yahoo Search API without any URL

        hi to all,i want to use yahoo search API sample given in SDK .But i dont haveany valid URL till now.So is it possible to use it.Or any other alternative for it.Plz inform me as soon as possible....Thank u in advance...

      • JR Conlin
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
          I'm not sure I understand your question. If you're asking about the
          AppID registration form, for the Generic AppID, you don't really have
          to enter a valid URL for that. A great many folks use
          "http://example.com" as the value.

          (Yes, I know, and it's something I'm working on internally to get that
          opened up. Let's just say that there's a few good reasons it's marked
          as "required" since it does manage to get folks to enter in pointers
          to some really cool stuff they've built that we can then promote.)

          While I can't officially say "lie and put whatever in there" I can say
          that some folks do that. It's kind of a shame though, since it means
          we have no way to help out those folks if they need it. It's why we
          ask for an email address. We don't spam it, it's just so we have a way
          to contact you if we need to.

          Does that answer your question?

          --- In yws-search-general@yahoogroups.com, "aim_enjoy" <aim_enjoy@...>