Re: Can i pinpoint more than 1 nearby streets in the same map image?

  • jflemer
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 10, 2009
      Hi Mustafa,

      The Map Image API (http://developer.yahoo.com/maps/rest/V1/) only supports a single location. The AJAX API (http://developer.yahoo.com/maps/ajax/) does support multiple markers, but would require using JavaScript or embedding a browser like context inside your Java app.

      Using Java, you could use the Map Image API combined with the Geocoding API (http://developer.yahoo.com/maps/rest/V1/geocode.html). You would have to use the Map Image API to retrieve an image for the first point, then overlay an additional marker on the image using the result from the Geocoding API.

      -James

      --- In yws-maps@yahoogroups.com, "mustafa.shiraz" <mustafa.shiraz@...> wrote:

      > hi
      >
      > i m developing an application in java which displays a map according to given specification like longitude, latitude, street name etc. Can u please tell me if it is possible to give 2 location specification in the request so that when i get the map image it highlights two locations?
      >
      > For example is street abc and street xyz is very close to each other and we can see both of them in the same map view. So is it possible to point or highlight both of them?
      >
      > Thanks
      > Mustafa

    • toobbs
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 13, 2009

        > Using Java, you could use the Map Image API combined with the Geocoding API (http://developer.yahoo.com/maps/rest/V1/geocode.html). You would have to use the Map Image API to retrieve an image for the first point, then overlay an additional marker on the image using the result from the Geocoding API.

        Hi James,

        but how could I find out the pixel position of the second point from which I only do have the coordinates?

        This would probably also answer these questions:

        It would be great if you could give some background information!

        Thank you,
        Tobias