relationship between zoom and scale

  • Zach Toups
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2009
      Hey, all, working on a project that involves users identifying a space through a map interface (on mobile, using Yahoo! Blueprint). I went through and calculated a reasonable search radius (for feeding into Y! local) by using the scale on a map at each zoom level. I went to use it today, and noticed that the scale on the maps are now different (rendering the previous calculations useless).

      Is there a programmatic way to determine the scale of the map? With that, I could figure out (combined with the size of the map) a search radius.

      Thanks in advance!

      Best,
      -Zach