Map Image API: Zoom-Level? Bounds of map?

  • toobbs
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2009
      Hi,

      I tried a few things concerning the zoom-levels. I thought the zoom-levels of Map Image API (1-12), could be translated to the regular zoom-levels which are used for Yahoo Maps tiles (for example zoom-level 1 of the Map Image API would be zoom-level 17). But actually the Map Image API uses completely different zoom-level steps!

      What I want to do, is to calculate the bounds/extent of the map image I fetched.

      The description of the REST API says: "Fetch a map image programmatically and stitch tiles together to build your own map."

      That is exactly what I want to do, but therefor I will have to know, the bounds of the map images.

      Does anybody have an idea how to do this?

      Thank you,
      Tobias