Re: Markers and memory

  • jasonwgreen
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2008
      I'm not totally clear on what you are saying here, but I was
      suggesting that he NOT use the removeAllmarkers method, or any other
      remove method.

      Instead, you create the markers one time, put them in an array, and
      then for updates you just change the locations and values of those
      original markers.

      s.com, Michael Calwell <mcalwell@> wrote:

      > > > I have a site that uses Yahoo maps. I place markers on the maps
      > > > - the images for the markers reside on my webserver.
      > > >
      > > > The site also uses polylines.
      > > >
      > > > I find that when I add a batch of markers, memory usage
      > > > increases. However, when I remove them, it increases even more.
      > > > When I navigate away from the page, memory consumption remains
      > > > high.
      > > >
      > > > Does anyone know why this might be?
      > > >
      > > > I use Xajax to place the markers, map and polylines, also, the
      > > > markers have mouseover events assigned.

      > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and
      > > > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.
      > > http://mobile.
      <http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>
      yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ