Disable scroll wheel map zoom

  • Ying Zhang ÕÅÓ±
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2008
      Hello, I'm a newbie to the yahoo map API. I've encountered a problem
      and here's my scenario.

      I added a yahoo map with a marker to a long page. When someone scrolls
      down the page using the mouse scroll wheel, if the user's cursor is on
      the map, it will zoom into the map instead of scrolling down the page.
      This is user unfriendly. Is there a way to disable the scroll wheel
      map zoom so the user has to use the zoom slider control to zoom on a map?

      Thank you!
    • Ying Zhang ÕÅÓ±
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2008
        After I posted this message, I later found my solution. There's
        actually a setting on the map you can disable to disable key controls
        which works for me. If you only want to disable scroll wheel, you
        might try something else. Otherwise disableKeyControls() will disable
        Disable default keyboard/mouse wheel zoom and pan controls shortcuts.