Maps API Capabilities

  • ronnordman
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 12, 2007
      I am trying to find out if Yahoo!Maps API will fulfill our
      requirements for mapping and driving directions. It seems as if the
      API is geared to embedding maps or driving directions into an existing
      website. My needs are a little different. The clients that use our
      software having many different locations within a county. These
      locations do not change (at least not very often). All we need is a
      way for our clients to get a map and driving directions from each
      location to every other location and save it on their system, just one
      time during the set up of the application. That is all.

      Can Yahoo!Maps API provide this capability?
      Does anyone know what the licensing or TOU would be for this type of
      usage.
      Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated.

      Ron Nordman
    • avr_255
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 13, 2007
        --- In yws-maps@yahoogroups.com, "ronnordman" <ronnordman@...> wrote:
        > ... All we need is a
        > way for our clients to get a map and driving directions from each
        > location to every other location and save it on their system, just
        one
        > time during the set up of the application. That is all...

        You don't need maps API. Just go to http://maps.yahoo.com/ and enter
        the start and destination addresses, and then copy the URL shown. Do
        this for each pair of start/destination addresses.

        For example:

        Start address:
        1600 Pensylvannia Ave, Washignton DC

        Destination address:
        123 19th Ave, San Francisco

        Result map URL showing driving directions:
        http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&q2=123%2019th%20Ave,%20San%
        20Francisco&q1=1600%20Pensylvannia%20Ave,%20Washignton%
        20DC&trf=0&lon=-99.84375&lat=39.77477&mag=14