RE: [yws-maps] Re: XML problems

  • whispers
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 8, 2007
      do you have a crossdomain.xml policy file on your domain where the xml is
      located at?

      _____

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 8, 2007
        yes. It's right here:

        http://www.chiron.com/media/maps/yahoo/xml/crossdomain.xml

        --- In yws-maps@yahoogroups.com, "whispers" <whispers007@...> wrote:

        > do you have a crossdomain.xml policy file on your domain where the
        xml is
        > located at?
        >
        > _____

        On Behalf
        > Of Andrew
        > Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 10:22 AM
        > To: yws-maps@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [yws-maps] Re: XML problems
        >

        > I'm still have a problem. Maybe it's somthing simple that I just
        > can't see.
        >
        > The XML file is here:
        > http://www.chiron.
        <http://www.chiron.com/media/maps/yahoo/xml/map.xml>
        > com/media/maps/yahoo/xml/map.xml
        >
        > The map is here:
        >
        > http://www.chiron.
        <http://www.chiron.com/media/maps/yahoo/map.html>
        > com/media/maps/yahoo/map.html
        >
        > When I point to the sample XML file, it works fine. I found that
        if
        > I used a relative path, the map wouldn't show up at all. When I
        use
        > an absolute path, which I'm doing, I can see the map, but not the
        > XML data. The XML file that I'm using is exactly the same as the
        one
        > from here:
        >
        > http://developer. <http://developer.yahoo.com/maps/sample.xml>
        > yahoo.com/maps/sample.xml
        >
        > I assume at some point I'll get this thing up and running. It
        would
        > be really helpful if someone can point me to details about what I
        > can and can't include in the XML file and how to do it.
        >
        > thanks again,
        >
        > Andrew
        >
        > --- In yws-maps@yahoogroup <mailto:yws-maps%40yahoogroups.com>
        s.com, Scott
        > Morgan <doganation@> wrote:
        > >
        > > The GEORss xml is loaded through a proxy page on the
        > > yahoo servers so the xml file has to be online
        > > somewhere. You will have to upload your xml file to a
        > > server if you want to test it.
        > >
        > > Scott
        > >

        > > --- Andrew <hechtic1@> wrote:
        > >
        > > > I don't know why, but I can't seem to get the XML to
        > > > work when I try
        > > > to point to a local version. The xml file is in the
        > > > same directory as
        > > > my map html file.
        > > >
        > > > when I use this line of code from Yahoo:
        > > >
        > > > var georss = new GeoRSSOverlay
        > > > ("http://developer.
        <http://developer.yahoo.com/maps/sample.xml>
        > yahoo.com/maps/sample.xml");
        > > >
        > > > everything works perfectly.
        > > >
        > > > When I change the path to point to a local XML file,
        > > > I get nothing.
        > > >
        > > > Do the files need to be online? This would be a pain
        > > > from a
        > > > development perspective. Anyone out there have any
        > > > ideas?
        > > >
        > > > thanks,
        > > >
        > > > Andrew

        > _______________
        > > Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Yahoo! Autos
        > new Car Finder tool.
        > > http://autos. <http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/>
        yahoo.com/carfinder/

      • Scott Morgan
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 8, 2007
          The crossdomain file should be on the root of your server.

          http://www.chiron. com/crossdomain. xml

          That is where the flash player looks by default unless you have told it to look elsewhere in your code.

          > do you have a crossdomain. xml policy file on your domain where the
          xml is
          > located at?
          >
          > _____

        • Andrew
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 9, 2007
            It's there:

            http://www.chiron.com/crossdomain.xml

            But the map is still not working.

            http://www.chiron.com/crossdomain.xml

            There must be something fundamentlly wrong because not only are the
            points from the XML file not showing, but you can't pan the map with
            the mouse.

            Any ideas?

            thanks,

            Andrew