Canada address - postal codes, NOT zip codes

  • vagennip
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 23 11:01 AM
      Any idea how to use the xml format and specific a postal code (format
      letter, number, letter, number, letter, number), instead of the US
      format which is a number or number dash number.

      The <ymaps:Zip> field does not like Canadian postal codes, but seems
      to be a required field.

      Thanks for any help, Ed.
    • pmp_pmi
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 28 12:02 PM
        Postal codes will work... but they are unreliable.
        The Yahoo does not appear to update to new codes in a timely fasion,
        for example.

        Better to stick to Lat/Lon

        <item>
        <title>my title</title>
        <link><![CDATA[http://www.mylink/ottawa.php%5d]></link>
        <description>Area : Ottawa Central</description>
        <geo:lat>45.4281</geo:lat>
        <geo:long>-75.6875</geo:long>
        <ymaps:BaseIcon><![CDATA[http://www.mylink/icon.gif%5d]>
        <width>15</width>
        <height>15</height>
        </ymaps:BaseIcon>
        <ymaps:GroupId>my group</ymaps:GroupId>
        </item>

        If you must use address/post code... but are missing either, keep the
        tags but leave a space :

        <item>
        <title>my title</title>
        <link><![CDATA[http://www.mylink/ottawa.php%5d]></link>
        <description>Area : Ottawa Central</description>
        <geo:lat>45.4633</geo:lat>
        <geo:long>-75.5424</geo:long>
        <ymaps:Address> </ymaps:Address>
        <ymaps:CityState>Ottawa, ON</ymaps:CityState>
        <ymaps:Zip> </ymaps:Zip>
        <ymaps:Country>ca</ymaps:Country>
        <ymaps:BaseIcon><![CDATA[http://www.mylink/icon.gif%5d]>
        <width>15</width>