Re: [yws-maps] can the maps be down loaded to police computers?

  • debony maffett
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2005
      no mapping in the cars...as of yet. so the officers are taking matters into our own hands

      Rajendra Thakker <rajendrathakker@...> wrote:
      Still there is nothing on the kind of computers you
      have fitted in your petrol cars ?

      Raj

      debony maffett <debonymaffett@...> wrote:
      No wi-fi or internet...please. We cops would be looking at porn all shift. (lol). We have some type of wireless motorola intranet modem system. Looking for a HTML version of Yahoo maps that can work off line for my zone...I would like to copy it from my home lap top save it on flash media and copy to the cop car....

      robertoschler <robertoschler@...> wrote:
      What kind of computer (PC, Mac, etc.), what Internet
      Browser, and what operating system is in your patrol
      car?  I'm assuming you have a Wi-Fi link with a full
      Internet connection if you can access the Internet
      from it.

      Robert

      --- debonymaffett <debonymaffett@...> wrote:

      > I am a police officer and the yahoo map is pretty
      > cool. I would work
      > great in my patrol car since we do not have computer
      > based maps. Is
      > there a way to down load the map of a particular
      > area?

      > --------------------~-->
      > Fair play? Video games influencing politics. Click
      > and talk back!

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/dpFolB/TM

      http://mail.yahoo.com

      Yahoo! for Good

      Yahoo! for Good

    • Jim Pennington
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 3, 2005
        I don't think you'll be able to download the Yahoo map data to your
        laptops.

        If you guys have admin rights to the laptops in your cars then, my I
        suggest, you look at the Microsoft Map Point product. You can install
        the application and the map data for your jusidiction and do not need
        the CD to run the applicaion. You can also add a GPS too. This might
        be usefull in finding your way to calls.

        Jim P

        --- In yws-maps@yahoogroups.com, debony maffett <debonymaffett@y...>
        wrote:
        > no mapping in the cars...as of yet. so the officers are taking
        matters into our own hands

        > Rajendra Thakker <rajendrathakker@y...> wrote:
        > Still there is nothing on the kind of computers you
        > have fitted in your petrol cars ?
        >
        > Raj
        >
        > debony maffett <debonymaffett@y...> wrote:
        > No wi-fi or internet...please. We cops would be looking at porn all
        shift. (lol). We have some type of wireless motorola intranet modem
        system. Looking for a HTML version of Yahoo maps that can work off
        line for my zone...I would like to copy it from my home lap top save
        it on flash media and copy to the cop car....

        > robertoschler <robertoschler@y...> wrote: What kind of computer (PC,
        Mac, etc.), what Internet
        > Browser, and what operating system is in your patrol
        > car? I'm assuming you have a Wi-Fi link with a full
        > Internet connection if you can access the Internet
        > from it.
        >
        > Robert
        >
        > --- debonymaffett <debonymaffett@y...> wrote:
        >
        > > I am a police officer and the yahoo map is pretty
        > > cool. I would work
        > > great in my patrol car since we do not have computer
        > > based maps. Is
        > > there a way to down load the map of a particular
        > > area?

        > > Fair play? Video games influencing politics. Click
        > > and talk back!
        > >
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/dpFolB/TM

        > http://mail.yahoo.com

        Service.