Re: [yws-maps] Re: v3.02 of Yahoo! Maps Flash APIs

  • Vince Maniago
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 2, 2006
      http://maps.yahooapis.com/v3.02/fl/javascript/apiloader.js is the official URL you should use for JS-Flash. Other URLs maybe obsoleted.

      -Vince

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: {} <manwithapipe@...>
      To: yws-maps@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, June 2, 2006 2:42:20 PM
      Subject: [yws-maps] Re: v3.02 of Yahoo! Maps Flash APIs

      For anyone wondering, this also is a valid url:

      http://api.maps.yahoo.com/v3.02/fl/javascript/apiloader.js

      --- In yws-maps@yahoogroups.com, Vince Maniago <uvince@...> wrote:

      > Now available, you can report any issues directly to me or the list
      if you're fishing for help.

      > Fixed are:
      >
      > -The âblack mapâ bug
      > -Some issues w/ CustomPOIMarkers
      > -Issues with links (href) in GeoRSS
      > -Map.setCenterByAddress sometimes breaks NavigatorWidget
      > -The slow loading map bug
      >
      > http://maps.yahooapis.com/v3.02/fl/components3_0_2.zip
      >
      > http://maps.yahooapis.com/v3.02/fl/javascript/apiloader.js
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > -Vince // Yahoo! Local

      Computer training Map

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      Visit your group "yws-maps" on the web.

    • greggfaus
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 22, 2007
        --- In yws-maps@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Newman <CaptainN@...> wrote:

        > A cleaner solution would be preferred, but if someone needs this
        > functionality it should be possible to at least emulate it.
        Besides,
        > would this be noticeable to the user? If it all happens in the same
        > frame paint, there shouldn't be any noticeable jump (kind of like
        with
        > collision detection). Of course that's only if it can be done
        within the
        > same frame, and I haven't tested enough to know if that will happen.
        >
        > Kevin N.
        >

        > Alan D Brown wrote:
        > > I haven't seen that done, but I see no reason why it couldn't, in
        > > principle.
        > > A "cleaner" interface would never let you pan past a defined
        latitude or
        > > longitude in the first place - but the API currently offers no
        means to
        > > restrict that sort of movement. Jumping back to the edge of a
        defined
        > > region could annoy your users.
        > >

        > > Concerning limiting zoom levels, that functionality *is*
        explicitly
        > > available, at least in the ajax api:
        > >

        > > map.setZoomRange(minZoomLevel,maxZoomLevel)
        > >

        > > does the trick. In the flash api, setting maximum and minimum
        zoom levels
        > > should be possible, but I think that would require designing your
        own
        > > mechanism for zooming in and out and coding a limit there (which
        I think
        > > wouldn't be that hard; you could have your own controls and pass
        your
        > > chosen
        > > zoom level to map.setZoomLevel(zoomLevel) ).
        > >

        > > -Alan
        > >

        > > _____

        On Behalf
        > > Of Kevin Newman
        > > Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 1:46 PM
        > > To: yws-maps@yahoogroups.com
        > > Subject: Re: [yws-maps] Re: Restrict movement of map to a certain
        area...

        > > Is it possible to add an event listener for the onMove event that
        will
        > > watch for a certain map.getBounds() value, and if it exceeds the
        value,
        > > to move it back? You could do a similar thing with the zoom
        level, to
        > > keep someone from zooming out too far.
        > >
        > > Kevin N.
        > >

        > > Alan D Brown wrote:
        > > > No, it isn't. Other people have expressed interest in such a
        feature.

        > > > -Alan
        > > >

        > > > _____
        > > >
        > > > From: yws-maps@yahoogroups.com [mailto:yws-
        maps@yahoogroups.com] On
        > > Behalf
        > > > Of Scott Stroz
        > > > Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 1:06 PM
        > > > To: yws-maps@yahoogroups.com
        > > > Subject: [yws-maps] Re: Restrict movement of map to a certain
        area...

        > > > Anyone?

        > > > --
        > > > Scott Stroz
        > > > Boyzoid.com
        > > > Some days you are the dog,
        > > > Some days you are the tree.

        Following up on an old thread.... Has anyone implemented a custom
        solution which traps the correct map events and restricts the map
        accordingly?

        I need to restrict the map to a certain region (Atlanta).

        Thx.