Re: Flash API: tiles load progress event

  • Khuffie
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2006
      I would have to second that. It would be really helpful especially
      for what I'm trying to do.

      Has anyone come up with a workaround in the meantime? Guessing a 1
      second wait everytime isn't an ideal solution :/

      --- In yws-maps@yahoogroups.com, "Alex" <wallyhawks@...> wrote:

      > This would be EXTREMELY useful :)
      >
      > --- In yws-maps@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron King" <aaronk@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Great idea Randy. I've added a feature request for it.
      > >

      > > Aaron King
      > >
      > > aaronk@
      > >
      > > _____
      > >
      > > From: yws-maps@yahoogroups.com [mailto:yws-maps@yahoogroups.com]
      On
      > Behalf
      > > Of randy.troppmann
      > > Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 2:51 PM
      > > To: yws-maps@yahoogroups.com
      > > Subject: [yws-maps] Flash API: tiles load progress event
      > >

      > > Flash yahooMap boradcast an event when all the tiles have finished
      > > Or perhaps the
      > > progress of the loading? This would be very useful.
      > >
      > > Randy Troppmann

      > > Developer

      +network&

      > w2=Building+blocks&w3=Computer+security&w4=Computer+training&w5=Map&
      c=5&s=99
      > > &.sig=afCKAYaS9pHsT1zN3R2t7A> network
      > >
      > > Building

      +network&w2

      > =Building+blocks&w3=Computer+security&w4=Computer+training&w5=Map&c=
      5&s=99&.
      > > sig=uWbxse_i__kv4F2CkygKOg> blocks
      > >
      > > Computer

      +network&

      > w2=Building+blocks&w3=Computer+security&w4=Computer+training&w5=Map&
      c=5&s=99
      > > &.sig=6pI34rYYJWpkCKQWsMFdIA> security
      > >

      > > Computer

      +network&

      > w2=Building+blocks&w3=Computer+security&w4=Computer+training&w5=Map&
      c=5&s=99
      > > &.sig=vnjvLGD-nw_sMNVkOwtArA> training
      > >
      > > Map

      Building+bl

      > ocks&w3=Computer+security&w4=Computer+training&w5=Map&c=5&s=99&.sig=
      1BqSnnyJ
      > > t-h2JwJKfLPSzw>
      > >

      > > _____
      > >
      > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      maps>
      > > " on the web.

      > > _____

    • Randy Troppmann
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2006
        I was having a problem of replotting markers after a call to change
        the map view type. There is a small amount of time that the map is not
        able to return proper lat lon values, so broadcasting an event would
        be very useful to handle this asynchronous activity.

        My workaround is this: after the api call I set a function that runs
        onEnterFrame which continually checks if map.getCenter() == undefined.
        When it is false, I delete the onEnterFrame and go ahead with adding
        markers.

        Randy