FlickrNet API 2.2.0 SSL endpoints

  • shantanu_shukla2001
    Message 1 of 3 , May 20, 2014

      Hey guys,

      I've recieved an email from Flickr saying that non SSL will be discontinued shortly.

      I am using FlickrNet API for C# v 2.2.0.19800 in my project, and I can't find any place to update endpoints.

      What changes I need to make to my application and app in appgarden to keep it functional?

      Your help will be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks

       Shaan

    • Sam Judson
      Message 2 of 3 , May 21, 2014
        That is a REALLY old version of the FlickrNet library. You have two choices.

        1) Upgrade to at least 3.10 (3.11 is on NuGet and 3.12 will be released today with a few more bug fixes).

        2) download the source code for 2.2 (from March 2009!) and change the URLs yourself from HTTP to HTTPS.

        Obviously with code that old I would definitely recommend option 1.

        Sam

        Message 3 of 3 , May 23, 2014
          Thanks Sam, I will prefer option 1. It's a chance to upgrade methods will deprecated methods as well.