iOS Authentication - App Rejection

  • Kyle
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 12, 2012
      Hi,

      I recently submitted an app to Apple for review. This app allows users to authenticate themselves with Flickr using the oAuth flow used by the current Flickr iPhone app and many others. Apple has rejected this app because it appears to violate review guideline 11.13, which may be familiar to you with respect to Dropbox:

      http://www.macstories.net/stories/11-13-and-the-dropbox-sdk/

      Essentially, the issue is that in the browser window provided for the user to grant permissions, the user has the ability to navigate to the page where a pro account can be purchased.

      Has anyone else had this issue / is the Flickr team working on a compliant oAuth flow for iOS?

      Thanks.
    • morozgrafix
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 13, 2012
        Kyle, Thank you very much for your report and we sorry that your app has been rejected by Apple (I don't believe that they were that strict in the past with apps using our API and web page for user authorizations).

        We had another report last week about the same problem and we are currently working on a solution on our end, which will be in compliance with Apple guidelines. We are planning on rolling out that change early next week. Once those changes are live in production you should be able to resubmit your app for review without code changes on your side.

        Thank you for being patient and sorry for the trouble,

        Sergey Morozov
        Flickr Staff

        --- In yws-flickr@yahoogroups.com, "Kyle" <kylebuza@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I recently submitted an app to Apple for review. This app allows users to authenticate themselves with Flickr using the oAuth flow used by the current Flickr iPhone app and many others. Apple has rejected this app because it appears to violate review guideline 11.13, which may be familiar to you with respect to Dropbox:
        >
        > http://www.macstories.net/stories/11-13-and-the-dropbox-sdk/
        >
        > Essentially, the issue is that in the browser window provided for the user to grant permissions, the user has the ability to navigate to the page where a pro account can be purchased.
        >
        > Has anyone else had this issue / is the Flickr team working on a compliant oAuth flow for iOS?
        >
        > Thanks.

      • Marek S
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 13, 2012