responseXML in iframe-upload

  • pro1712
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2009
      Hello!

      In YUI 2.7.0 the result of an iframe-upload is passed back as responseText and responseXML.
      Taken from connection.js:
      // responseText and responseXML will be populated with the same data from the iframe.
      // Since the HTTP headers cannot be read from the iframe
      obj.responseText = io.contentWindow.document.body?io.contentWindow.document.body.innerHTML:io.contentWindow.document.documentElement.textContent;
      obj.responseXML = io.contentWindow.document.XMLDocument?io.contentWindow.document.XMLDocument:io.contentWindow.document;

      In 3.0.0b1 only responseText is filled.
      Taken from io-upload-iframe.js;
      o.c.responseText = (p) ? p.get('innerHTML') : b.get('innerHTML');

      Is there a reason why responseXML is not (yet) filled like in 2.7.0?
      It is already documented.
      Is is possible to add this in the next release? Should I open a ticket for this?

      Thanks!
    • tssha
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2009
        --- In yui3@yahoogroups.com, "pro1712" <pro1712@...> wrote:

        > Hello!
        >
        > In YUI 2.7.0 the result of an iframe-upload is passed back as responseText and responseXML.
        > Taken from connection.js:
        > // responseText and responseXML will be populated with the same data from the iframe.
        > // Since the HTTP headers cannot be read from the iframe
        > obj.responseText = io.contentWindow.document.body?io.contentWindow.document.body.innerHTML:io.contentWindow.document.documentElement.textContent;
        > obj.responseXML = io.contentWindow.document.XMLDocument?io.contentWindow.document.XMLDocument:io.contentWindow.document;
        >
        > In 3.0.0b1 only responseText is filled.
        > Taken from io-upload-iframe.js;
        > o.c.responseText = (p) ? p.get('innerHTML') : b.get('innerHTML');
        >
        > Is there a reason why responseXML is not (yet) filled like in 2.7.0?
        > It is already documented.
        > Is is possible to add this in the next release? Should I open a ticket for this?

        It is an existing task, and the feature will be implemented for the next release. Feel free to open a ticket so you can track any commits as they are pushed to the project trunk.

        Regards,
        Thomas