Welcome to YUI 3.0

  • Matt Sweeney
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2008
      I am very pleased to announce the first preview of YUI 3.

      This represents our vision for the evolution of the YUI Library based on
      the input and feedback we've collected and everything else we've learned
      over the past 3+ years of development.

      Keep in mind that this is a work in progress. Our goal for this release
      is to gather your feedback regarding the changes we've made.

      Please take some time to review the <a
      href="http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/3/">YUI 3 site</a>, <a
      href="http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/3/examples/">examples</a>, <a
      href="http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/3/api">API docs</a>, play with the
      <a
      href="http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=165715&package_id=188900&release_id=619687">build</a>
      and let us know what you think.

      For the time being this group will be dedicated to gathering your
      feedback, answering any questions you may have regarding the syntax,
      usage, etc., and addressing any concerns you may have with what's been
      done thus far.

      Should you find bugs or have feature requests, please add them to our
      bug repository on SourceForge (following the standard bug-reporting
      procedure outlined at
      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/articles/reportingbugs/ ).

      Please remember to set the Group field in your reports to "3.0.0 PR1" to
      ensure they are routed correctly.

      We look forward to hearing feedback you have regarding the new API.

      Welcome to the next generation of YUI.

      Matt