Re: [YugoUnitedGVOwners] Re: YUGO muffler for sale

    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 1, 2011
      Good grief! That question's like "Will a Chevy Aveo muffler fit an Impala?"

      They're different cars.

      wjs... Leesburg, FL

      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 1, 2011
        Pardon my ignorance, but what is so special about a Yugo exhaust that a
        good independent
        exhaust shop couldn't fab one up?

      • viotti600
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 1, 2011
          Geeze, c'mon guys, this isn't too difficult to comprehend. The seller never said he had a muffler for a '91 (FI) Yugo, merely that he had a NOS Yugo muffler for sale. He included photos & the part number is shown.

          It was "Tihi_SRB" that brought in the '91 Yugo reference. The seller didn't know there was a difference between Carbed & FI exhausts, now he does. He has a Carbed (non-FI) exhaust. Buy it or don't. Pretty simple.

          And Bill, a Carbed Yugo is a LOT more similar to a FI'd Yugo (same car, slight variances) than your Aveo-Impala remark! ;)

          -JS.

          --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, Bill Schulz <billschul_z@...> wrote:
          > Good grief! That question's like "Will a Chevy Aveo muffler fit an Impala?" They're different cars.

        • Uncle Fester
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 1, 2011
            This is also true. I managed to fix my 90 FI's exhaust good enough to
            pass inspection with random scrap pipes and an old toyota muffler. Later
            i plan to go to the junkyard and get more scrap pipes and make a really
            awsome bastardized dual-exhaust for it...with a totally hollow muffler &
            cat...

            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 1, 2011
              Some people prefer stock exhaust parts, which is the best way to do it yourself at home. Jay has the parts.

              Myself, I like a little extra noise, and usually the little extra power/gas mileage that goes along with the louder noise, so I'd have the exhaust made by a compenant muffler shop. Avoid those extra thick hangers that guys put screws into your floor to mount. Use all the old hanger brackets, or have them made.

              I prefer to have the exhaust cut off at the rear of the cat. conveter, so you can slide a 1 7/8 pipe ON. Then a custom bent 1 7/8 pipe, using the stock hangers you cut off the old exhaust at the front.
              Stock hangers, using VW rubber rings is best, as the exhaust must be free to move.
              As the pipe goes to the rear, no center muffler, then makes the turn to the right side of the car under the trunk floor. Use a resonator from anything that the 1 7/8 pipe slides INTO.
              Toyota or Chrysler product. Has to be short enough, so the tail pipe comes out in the stock location. It will probably be 2 inch, if you slide it OVER the resonator out pipe.
              Assuming your cat is still good inside, makes for a deeper pleasing tone, but not very loud.

              Please note. For easy reading, if you take the time, you can cut out the previous 14 message that are in this thread.
              Art Hughes  Columbus, Ohio  USA

               Visit   www.wvaanne.com   Art's List of Family Connections, WV Rt  87

              Pardon my ignorance, but what is so special about a Yugo exhaust that a
              good independent
              exhaust shop couldn't fab one up?

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  yugounitedgvowners2-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  yugounitedgvowners2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Ed Huff
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 1, 2011
                Well said Art!

                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 2, 2011
                  I thought the question was would the carb exhaust fit a FI car... ?

                  Back under my rock.

                  wjs... Leesburg, FL

                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 2, 2011
                    "And Bill, a Carbed Yugo is a LOT more similar to a FI'd Yugo (same car, slight variances) than your Aveo-Impala remark! ;)"

                    So shoot me. But, please, before you do, would someone please take this Yugo off my hands? I'd hate to leave a widow with a car that only I can maintain hereabouts!

                    wjs... Leesburg, FL